My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
that list is great.

new valve body/solenoid pack. most builders will say reuse but the good guys wont.

you will also be missing the proprietary pump work that a lot of builders do which is crucial in the longevity of the trans.

Well i called a local site sponsor to me champion transmission and they said all that can be done to the pump is an upgraded spring if i understood correctly. So aside from that and new valvebody which is can buy from sunrise ford on my own.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
For one there really is no "valve body" on a 5r110. Just the solenoid body with the manual valve. The solenoids are also individual not a pack.

RSK

Reaction score
I'm doing all of them... I think its about 1000 dollars for all of them not taking a chance, i should rename my build thread "project overkill"

Reaction score
Don't buy individual solenoids... The whole valvebody, including solenoids, sensors and internal wiring harness and is not much difference in price.

We no longer touch valve bodies in these things. Trust me when I say just buy the whole assembly.

And fwiw, if your going to have Matt or any business for that matter build the trans. Why not let them source their own parts? We don't warranty customer supplied parts and it makes an ugly situation if something does go wrong. If you let a knowledgeable shop build it with them supplying parts there should be no question if there is a failure. We even go so far as if you buy the trans and converter from us, we warranty the whole thing front to back.

But if you supply your own converter and it goes out. The damage done to the trans will not be covered. Same as if one supplied any outside parts for a shop to install. No warranty. I doubt anyone else would disagree that builds them.

Take it fwiw. I'm not trying to sway or sell anything to you. Just being informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSK

Reaction score
Don't buy individual solenoids... The whole valvebody, including solenoids, sensors and internal wiring harness and is not much difference in price.

We no longer touch valve bodies in these things. Trust me when I say just buy the whole assembly.

And fwiw, if your going to have Matt or any business for that matter build the trans. Why not let them source their own parts? We don't warranty customer supplied parts and it makes an ugly situation if something does go wrong. If you let a knowledgeable shop build it with them supplying parts there should be no question if there is a failure. We even go so far as if you buy the trans and converter from us, we warranty the whole thing front to back.

But if you supply your own converter and it goes out. The damage done to the trans will not be covered. Same as if one supplied any outside parts for a shop to install. No warranty. I doubt anyone else would disagree that builds them.

Take it fwiw. I'm not trying to sway or sell anything to you. Just being informative.

So just buy a whole valve body assembly straight from ford? Becuase i didn't see anything listed on suncoasts website. The reason i want to buy my own parts is because i don't have 10k for built trans and i understand a shop has their mark up parts and labor. I own a business and mark some stuff up 4x what i pay or more but i just don't want to pay for their mark up on parts i can get myself. And if a shop is warrantying parts and labor 100% for 2-3 years i'd guarantee it's built into the price of the trans, i do the same thing with shrubs i sell and install i'll mark them up 4-5x amd give them an extra year warranty, that way if it dies out and i have to replace it the first year is on the nursery then second year is on me, but i charged the customer so much i don't care about replacing a 20 dollar shrub, so i gladly replace it with a smile.

RSK

Reaction score
I have no doubts you and several other can build an awesome trans to hold up to 1000hp but when the parts are going to cost me 5-6k for a full comp trans and its 10k from somewhere like mass diesel i'm probably not gonna spend the extra 4k on having him build it and line his pockets with my money. Idk maybe i'm way off base here, pm what it will be for a 5r with a suncoast converter to hold up to 800hp on fuel and 1000 or so on nitrous a few times on the dyno and a few times at the track drag racing.

B585Ford

Reaction score
It's your money… But Morgan, Sootie, etc i'm making very good points. This is a big expense no matter which way you slice it, but if something goes wrong you're going to be about five or six grand in hole and having to do this whole thing over again

RSK

Reaction score
It's your money… But Morgan, Sootie, etc i'm making very good points. This is a big expense no matter which way you slice it, but if something goes wrong you're going to be about five or six grand in hole and having to do this whole thing over again

Well that's why i asked for a quote from morgan for a trans to handle what i want to do.

Reaction score
Fwiw, we do not mark out parts up 4-5 times over.... Not even once. There is nothing near the kind of markup in parts as there is other industries. They don't cost any different in the trans or if you bought them off our website. We do charge labor, cleaning, painting, etc, costs incurred. But so would anyone who builds them.

I'll send over a pm here after a little.

RSK

Reaction score
Fwiw, we do not mark out parts up 4-5 times over.... Not even once. There is nothing near the kind of markup in parts as there is other industries. They don't cost any different in the trans or if you bought them off our website. We do charge labor, cleaning, painting, etc, costs incurred. But so would anyone who builds them.

I'll send over a pm here after a little.

I wasn't saying you guys particularly i was saying in general there is usually some mark up in the diesel industry. From dealer cost to the consumer that's all.

Reaction score
I wasn't saying you guys particularly i was saying in general there is usually some mark up in the diesel industry. From dealer cost to the consumer that's all.

Absolutely, there is markup in the whole world for everything. But there isn't as much as you think in this industry. Definitely not 4-500% not even 100%. Too competitive to ever get that far.

RSK

Reaction score
Absolutely, there is markup in the whole world for everything. But there isn't as much as you think in this industry. Definitely not 4-500% not even 100%. Too competitive to ever get that far.

Oh i understand there is a much smaller mark up, but even if its 15-20% it adds up over 5-10,000 dollars

morepower02

Reaction score

Crazy. In the marine industry we shoot for 43-47 percent on parts. Who's getting 100 to 500 percent?

RSK

Reaction score
Crazy. In the marine industry we shoot for 43-47 percent on parts. Who's getting 100 to 500 percent?

Most retail clothing stores are getting that on a lot of items especially ones made in sweat shops in 3rd world countries. Especially designer stuff. Anything made over seas. Landscaping you can get that much in certain areas for certain things depends on the market and how saturated it is/supply and demand, and how good of a salesmen you are. Home improvement businesses have a huge market up!