My Build Thread - 2015 F350 Lariat

06greenstroker

Reaction score
Before...

20170216_153943_zpsxfzndsqq.jpg

After...

20170216_160648_zpsd3siqhkk.jpg

Looks good I think. Now just need to paint black and see if I can get smoke lens for the marker lights and get them tied in.

06greenstroker

Reaction score
So here is a funny story for you that are following my thread...if any...

Wife, boys and I are heading to a bowling fund raiser for my oldest boys travel baseball team. I get on the freeway and jump all over it. Hell, I bit the bullet, shaved some weight and tuned it before warranty expired, I like to see how it flies. Feeling like a 16 year old in his very first vehicle I approach the exit, get to the light and hear this loud beep that sounds like it's coming from the dash. It goes off about 5-7 times and then stops. I was like, what the hell? So we proceeded to turn, get to our destination and park. A few seconds later before getting out of the truck, the beeping starts again. Same amount of beeps then stops. So I grab my phone and started researching 'beeping in a superduty'. Found a lot of information about air bag safety feature if the airbag dash light burns out. They were older threads, but there were many. I was like well damn, did all this work and now I'm going to have to take it in for some warranty work...what are they going to try to pull on me since I'm ******d?

Well, enough worrying at the time, we has some bowling to get on. Go in, pay, get shoes, find our bowling balls and I kneel to start entering our names. Then, I hear this beeping again. At first it didn't register, but then I'm like, wait a minute, that is the same beeping from the truck. So I look back at my wife figuring she is playing a trick on me. She is looking at me and says "Everything you touch is beeping tonight" Puzzled, I was running through my head what is beeping around me. Maybe my phone? I pulled it out of my pocket and hot damn, my freaking phone is beeping. I have never heard it beep like that before. Battery charged, it was in vibrate mode, no alarms set, no notifications, etc. I was relieved it was not my truck...lol. Restarted the phone and it hasn't done it since, but man was I worried it was my truck.

Anyhow, that was the chuckle I got last night, thought I'd share it.

shmoozer

Reaction score
I can only imagine what was running thru your head. I'd have been chittin bricks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06greenstroker

Reaction score
This weekend, got the horns installed under the truck. Everything plumbed and wired and operational.

20170218_115857_zpsmacwpmwr.jpg

20170218_115931_zpsfycapbrp.jpg

Used a single upfitter switch to power a relay under the hood to switch between stock horns or train horns when the steering wheel horn is pressed as well as send power to the pressure switch relay coil. Power to the compressor is ran straight from fused battery power through the pressure switch. Mounted the pressure gauge under dash near accelerator pedal.

I have slow leaks somewhere (can't hear) but tank will drain empty over night. Time to get some soap and water and find them.

bpan

Reaction score
Looks like you've done a neat job of everything. I'm going to steal some ideas when I redo my air compressor bags and horns. Previous owner hacked it up. I also like the swith for the bed lights.

06greenstroker

Reaction score
Looks like you've done a neat job of everything. I'm going to steal some ideas when I redo my air compressor bags and horns. Previous owner hacked it up. I also like the swith for the bed lights.

Thanks! I tried to take my time and do it right. There are things I would do over again, and still may go back and re-do, but for now it's usable.

bpan

Reaction score
Have you bought the bags yet? Just curious. I have heard some negative feedback on the Airlift 5000 Ultimates. Some people say they ride rough. The regular 5000s or Firestone are great though. They both just came out with high capacity 7500lb bags too I believe.

Check out Firestone's Air-Command F3 kit for controlling your bag pressures too. It's pretty sweet.

06greenstroker

Reaction score
I have not bought the bags yet, but those where on the top of my list. I was thinking the only difference between the Ultimates and the regular 5000 was the integrated jounce bumper?!? Wonder what makes them ride rougher?

bpan

Reaction score
I have not bought the bags yet, but those where on the top of my list. I was thinking the only difference between the Ultimates and the regular 5000 was the integrated jounce bumper?!? Wonder what makes them ride rougher?
Its the bumper that makes them ride rough. I don't know. I don't have them. I have Firestone's. I had one guy buy a set and he was so unhappy with them I gave his money back. Airlift was great about it though refunded everything. I don't know if it makes a difference on application though. It was on a Tundra and they mount on a funny way on that truck. Just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: here are the Airlift 7500lb:
https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/loadlifter-7500-xl/

I think they are a better option. Why not have the extra capacity. Also, they use a higher volume bag, rather than the Firestone 7500 which use a higher pressure bag.

Last edited:

06greenstroker

Reaction score
Its the bumper that makes them ride rough. I don't know. I don't have them. I have Firestone's. I had one guy buy a set and he was so unhappy with them I gave his money back. Airlift was great about it though refunded everything. I don't know if it makes a difference on application though. It was on a Tundra and they mount on a funny way on that truck. Just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: here are the Airlift 7500lb:
https://www.airliftcompany.com/products/air-springs/loadlifter-7500-xl/

I think they are a better option. Why not have the extra capacity. Also, they use a higher volume bag, rather than the Firestone 7500 which use a higher pressure bag.
You have the daystar cradles with the firestone bags too?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bpan

Reaction score
You have the daystar cradles with the firestone bags too?

Not yet. I will be soon. Im concerned about them making noise over bumps though.
After reading your thread yesterday I ordered a new compressor to replace my failing one, and a 2.5 gal tank to replace my current BS 2 - tank setup. Lol

06greenstroker

Reaction score
Not yet. I will be soon. Im concerned about them making noise over bumps though.
After reading your thread yesterday I ordered a new compressor to replace my failing one, and a 2.5 gal tank to replace my current BS 2 - tank setup. Lol
I need to find my slow leaks still on my setup. I've heard the cradles are the way to go with the firestone bags.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.