My Build Thread-American Hogger

blk350on20s

Reaction score
That was spray from the 300' mark to the end. Just one stage though. This last convertor I put in sucked. It was the only one I could get my hands on in such a short time though. The trans seems to be doing fine now but the convertors keep pushing through lockup and tearing up the clutch lining. I have 4 to send to Phil and 3 to send to precision to be fixed. I am beyond happy with the truck. I would love to drop it down and lighten it up but the truck wouldn't be near as fun or as impressive to me. Dropping the trans this week and hopefully put it back in next week. I need a few more weeks with it.

Oh and I made a 11.7 pass with a 2.0 60' and trapped 118 but let off 3/4 track due to blowing a hole in an up pipe. Slaved for a few hours to pull it apart and weld it up and put it back in all at the track. Drove the bitch home haha.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm not a huge lifted truck fan myself, but I agree with you the truck wouldn't be as impressive if it wasn't so massive.. Is there anything that can be done to the converter to help it hold? Or are they just going to be consumables for the foreseeable future?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
If I didn't have a place up north and go wheeling, run schuss mountain, and run the dunes id prolly drop it but I actually use the truck for how its built.
This will be the last time a 5r goes back in so they will remain consume able on this truck. I'll get one more weekend out of it and some track passes and call it a year. Can't wait to swap in the 47

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
If I didn't have a place up north and go wheeling, run schuss mountain, and run the dunes id prolly drop it but I actually use the truck for how its built.
This will be the last time a 5r goes back in so they will remain consume able on this truck. I'll get one more weekend out of it and some track passes and call it a year. Can't wait to swap in the 47
Smart man! Who ya getting to build the trans? I'd vote Firepunk, look how well there trans held up in this years DPC behind some NASTY cummins.

RSK

Reaction score

what it cost to convert to a 47re? I know how much it is build one been there done that. you need to run the pcs trans controller right.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
There are adaptors being made right now. I have a core with my builder. PCS is needed yes. I'll be doing the install etc myself. Ill have roughly 7-10k in my trans and 1-2k in adaptors. Plus a PCS. Other than some minor things that's about all it will run me. Going to run a somewhat 1 off rebuildable convertor. I seriously cannot wait

RSK

Reaction score
There are adaptors being made right now. I have a core with my builder. PCS is needed yes. I'll be doing the install etc myself. Ill have roughly 7-10k in my trans and 1-2k in adaptors. Plus a PCS. Other than some minor things that's about all it will run me. Going to run a somewhat 1 off rebuildable convertor. I seriously cannot wait

so 15k isn't too far fetched for everything start to finish. damn. I think less hp for me is the solution until i start balling as hard as you are.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Monster pump mike style that bolts together?

Latest posts

Members online