My Build Thread-American Hogger

Jbenso127

Reaction score
10fa90bcde4c42d709706f162e31957f.jpg
Fired up, you say? LOLLOLLOL I swear, the stuff I see on your FB. Definitely makes the day pass quicker.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my vote is for a Lenco....if the 47re doesn't hold up....

keep voting, lenco wont either , even with the reverser that it would need . ryan may prove us wrong, but none of the cummins running over 130 live at 7500lbs at that power.

B585Ford

Reaction score
keep voting, lenco wont either , even with the reverser that it would need . ryan may prove us wrong, but none of the cummins running over 130 live at 7500lbs at that power.

I have never seen a Lenco on a truck. Do you know of anyone who has ever tried one on a 6000+lb truck?

blk350on20s

Reaction score
LOL. Blow a hole in an up pipe at the dyno/drag event and start fixing it and you will get screwed with LOL. I think I had a wrench up my shorts 32 times.
Ya I don't expect much to live. If it lives a season or maybe half a season I'll be very happy. I really don't mind doing the work as I know what it takes to maintain these things but pulling the trans every other week got old real fast. So did the money out of my pocket.
The truck will get a 366 over winter as well as a set of 4.10s or 4.30s. There's really nothing I can strip from the truck to lose weight other than the rear bumper which will be replaced with the street scene roll pan I already have.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I think gearing would help. I can make a stock trans last a year at 600+ hp and I think it has a lot to do with my gearing. Being 6800lbs helps too.

RedRice589

Reaction score
LOL. Blow a hole in an up pipe at the dyno/drag event and start fixing it and you will get screwed with LOL. I think I had a wrench up my shorts 32 times.
Ya I don't expect much to live. If it lives a season or maybe half a season I'll be very happy. I really don't mind doing the work as I know what it takes to maintain these things but pulling the trans every other week got old real fast. So did the money out of my pocket.
The truck will get a 366 over winter as well as a set of 4.10s or 4.30s. There's really nothing I can strip from the truck to lose weight other than the rear bumper which will be replaced with the street scene roll pan I already have.

Go with 4.30's what about that 13" converter that somebody else Kind? Or somebody has been testing out would that help at all?

RSK

Reaction score

Regearing will deff help. My 3.55's suck....especially with the addition of the 35's which drop my rpms even more...need to raise them up like 500rpm i think 4.10's should be good. For your truck i'd do 4.30's since u all up on those honkey azz 37's

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
well, there is a ecomat, in this truck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0e6aBfNiI which will also net you a much larger convertor than a 13"

running, last i knew north of 1800 hp, and north of 3k tq,

guys name is Mike Ryan. awesome guy to talk to, if you feel like tracking him down.

wont guarantee it will hold what your making, just saying its holding more than your making.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
I don't think that ecomat would fit too well and it's probably a good amount heavier. Wouldn't it be easier to lower the truck lol

Reaction score
Regearing will deff help. My 3.55's suck....especially with the addition of the 35's which drop my rpms even more...need to raise them up like 500rpm i think 4.10's should be good. For your truck i'd do 4.30's since u all up on those honkey azz 37's

We've got a workstock truck with 4:30's and 35's. It turns about 2k at 65. And actually is pretty pleasant to drive. 37's would be perfect for that gear.

Latest posts

Members online