My Build Thread-American Hogger

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I don't think that ecomat would fit too well and it's probably a good amount heavier. Wouldn't it be easier to lower the truck lol

there not that much larger, but yes there would need to be some......love given to the truck to make it fit.

as for heavier, eventually your going to get to the point where money spent on replacing something that continually breaks offsets the additional weight, if it holds.

that, or turn the power back down to a point where it holds, but who wants to do that?

alradco

Reaction score
10fa90bcde4c42d709706f162e31957f.jpg
Fired up, you say? LOLLOLLOL I swear, the stuff I see on your FB. Definitely makes the day pass quicker.

Bro, not exactly what I had in mind for modeling with our intercooler haha.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
with a 6.4 , the spool is so early, 3:73 and 35's is plenty. 4:10's may be optimum for towing but they will hurt mileage.

RSK

Reaction score
with a 6.4 , the spool is so early, 3:73 and 35's is plenty. 4:10's may be optimum for towing but they will hurt mileage.

4.10's might hurt mileage, but i'm positive 3.55's and 35's aren't good for towing around town. even with 33's the rpms were too low on the highway unless i'm doing 80 but then i have too much throttle being used its building 15-20psi. more gearing less work for the motor. I wanna cruise with under 10psi of boost around 65-70. bigger turbos less boost down low?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
4.10's might hurt mileage, but i'm positive 3.55's and 35's aren't good for towing around town. even with 33's the rpms were too low on the highway unless i'm doing 80 but then i have too much throttle being used its building 15-20psi. more gearing less work for the motor. I wanna cruise with under 10psi of boost around 65-70. bigger turbos less boost down low?

with 4:10 you'll be higher in the boost range.

madman1234509

Reaction score
When I had my 350, the 35s and 3.73s anything over 75mph the truck felt like it was screaming down the highway. RSK with the vgt turbos it's probably going to be hard to have low boost at that speed and rpm because the computer probably sees the rpm, load on the truck and whatever else it uses to calculate it and probably adjusts the veins to make that boost.

Crack85

Reaction score
When I had my 350, the 35s and 3.73s anything over 75mph the truck felt like it was screaming down the highway. RSK with the vgt turbos it's probably going to be hard to have low boost at that speed and rpm because the computer probably sees the rpm, load on the truck and whatever else it uses to calculate it and probably adjusts the veins to make that boost.

What gears do u have now??

B585Ford

Reaction score

I have the same setup...F350, 3.73, and 35s. I don't think it sounds like it is screaming...maybe it is because I have manual tranny and OD is geared different. Here's a vid of me towing 15.2k lbs running about 65 MPH IIRC (the windows are rolled up. In the beginning, I am going down a small grade, when the temps, boost, EBP go up, I am starting to climb a small grade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKcVnL6Hozg

madman1234509

Reaction score
Hard to see what your rpm is. But I know on the way down south to truck events when the highways turn to 75mph speed limits rather then 65mph and we cruise at 80, the truck just feels like its screaming. The RPM are at 2100-2200 which I'm just not used to. Typical RPM from what I remember at like 75 was 1900 or so. Now I'm used to like 1800 or so with the 3.55s

Stroked777

Reaction score
I remember someone said that people seem to kill 5rs more with 3.55 than any other gear

Wow that 4wd dirt dragster is insane!

Last edited:

RedRice589

Reaction score

with 4:10 you'll be higher in the boost range.

Blah blah who needs mileage.... It's all about that torque when loaded. :swordfight:

You need to drive a 450 with 4.88's ,I had 35" BFG's and 4.10's NAND it was perfect. No it didn't quite have the top end my 3.55's had in my 2wd but you don't need it IMO plenty of truck there. Towing and driving around town it was so much nicer to me.

Hard to see what your rpm is. But I know on the way down south to truck events when the highways turn to 75mph speed limits rather then 65mph and we cruise at 80, the truck just feels like its screaming. The RPM are at 2100-2200 which I'm just not used to. Typical RPM from what I remember at like 75 was 1900 or so. Now I'm used to like 1800 or so with the 3.55s

Lol that perfect efficiency range for towing. I love my 3.55's driving around and absolutely hate them towing now. They were terrible in my 6.4 it would lug like a bich. Once you have the perfect gear for towing IMO you'll never want taller gears again. BUT my reasoning is because I tow more often than most. Plus with the way these trucks handle rpm's it's not like a damn 7.3 with 4.10's I had no problem running 85-90 unloaded but then again 12mpg is what I'm used to so there's no difference to me. Go 70 and I could pull 17.5-18. With the 4.10's.

sootie

Reaction score

you will never get the boost that low with factory compounds. 14 psi is roughly where you will be

I remember someone said that people seem to kill 5rs more with 3.55 than any other gear

Wow that 4wd dirt dragster is insane!

doesnt surprise me as it is the highest gear you could get with a 5R

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.