My Rolled and Rebuilt 6.4

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Mine was pretty severe. I guess from the impact of the accident the steering box jumped a gear. It could only turn left about one turn of the wheel then lock up.
Dang, that's crazy. Mine is nothing like that thankfully. It's just like the wheels won't straighten themselves back up, I have to continually fight it while driving. It's aggravating as hell

nickg3130

Reaction score
Dang, that's crazy. Mine is nothing like that thankfully. It's just like the wheels won't straighten themselves back up, I have to continually fight it while driving. It's aggravating as hell

I noticed mine does that too. When they do the alignment I'm gonna have them check it out. I'm thinking my steering stabilizers might be shot. Definitely not the steering box tho.

nickg3130

Reaction score
3eqe5uza.jpg

Also put on a 50 cal antenna from craven speed.

sootie

Reaction score

could be a seized balljoint also...

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
could be a seized balljoint also...
How is that? It doesn't pull one way... It's hard to explain really. It's almost like the first 1/4 turn of the wheel each way doesn't have power steering to return the wheel to the center. Like I can go around a turn and set the wheel to how much I need to turn then let go of it and it will stay where I set it lol

sootie

Reaction score
How is that? It doesn't pull one way... It's hard to explain really. It's almost like the first 1/4 turn of the wheel each way doesn't have power steering to return the wheel to the center. Like I can go around a turn and set the wheel to how much I need to turn then let go of it and it will stay where I set it lol

perhaps seized was the wrong word to use. a "tight" or "sticky" balljoint doesn't make it pull one way, it just causes enough friction or restriction to overcome the self centering of the steering wheel. it also causes you to have to make many small adjustments while driving that are felt by the passengers.

when the steering box seized or "tightened up beyond reasonable weight" it caused something very similar.

the instances i have just mentioned were on different trucks FYI

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Man your truck looks great with the stance it has now! If you do a spacer I think a 1" would be plenty.

sent from my little slice of heaven (the bathroom)

nickg3130

Reaction score
Your truck looks great, never seen that color combo out here.

Thanks! It's rare on the 08-up trucks that's for sure. And I doubt there are any around with the tuxedo black

I finally drove the thing a while tonight and put some fresh fuel in it. I had to get a new headunit bc my old one was dead so that was holding me up. I know a lot of people have had problems with the 5160s but I have nothing but good to say about them from a ride standpoint. I know they have like no mikes or wear and tear on them yet but these things are so much nicer than the 5100s it's a night and day difference. I still have some little kinks to work out but damn does it feel good to drive again.
9ery2epa.jpg

3brorce

Reaction score
I am thinking about throwing a spacer on my truck with factory 20s. Just want to get them out a little. Not sure how that will look and I dont think I have seen any with spacers with factory rims.

nickg3130

Reaction score
Well, I think this shut down my wheel spacer idea
u5ebehap.jpg

Snapped the lugs and cracked the spacer on the white 6.7. F'ed his wheel up luckily him and the truck are ok. Knowing me I would've been Doin 75 and the truck would've ended up on it's side again. Of course I had to give him some sh!t for it tho
ze8yve3e.jpg

In other news, took my lightbar out and installed the spearco I had laying around for months.
y2unejag.jpg

Trucks filthy and needs a bath tonight. Been driving it around finally so I have a reason to wash it now lol.

strauss93

Reaction score
Well, I think this shut down my wheel spacer idea
u5ebehap.jpg

Snapped the lugs and cracked the spacer on the white 6.7. F'ed his wheel up luckily him and the truck are ok. Knowing me I would've been Doin 75 and the truck would've ended up on it's side again. Of course I had to give him some sh!t for it tho
ze8yve3e.jpg

In other news, took my lightbar out and installed the spearco I had laying around for months.
y2unejag.jpg

Trucks filthy and needs a bath tonight. Been driving it around finally so I have a reason to wash it now lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I didn't think you were gonna put the meme up! That's great hahaha

Latest posts

Members online