Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I clearly missed this earlier lol. You know where I am if you need help! :)

We should get together and install your cac pipes, my EGR delete and other stuff. Lol

Nice buddy!!

I second getting rid of the grill guard FWIW :D

Thanks Zac, I agree, but it's growing on me lol, but I'm still planning to get rid of it, eventually

Sent from the Bayou

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
We should get together and install your cac pipes, my EGR delete and other stuff. Lol

Thanks Zac, I agree, but it's growing on me lol, but I'm still planning to get rid of it, eventually

Sent from the Bayou

Well, if you come to town, I have a buddy who LOVES to do this crap lol. He asked if he could help put the CAC tubes on etc. I am sure he'd be happy if you brought some boudin etc. ;)

IF you keep the grill guard; get it powdercoated. I hate chrome lol.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Nice looking truck. Love this color

Thanks, I love it too, but I don't know what to do w/ it lol. Black wheels and light on the 6.4s looks good, but I don't know about that on a 6.0

Well, if you come to town, I have a buddy who LOVES to do this crap lol. He asked if he could help put the CAC tubes on etc. I am sure he'd be happy if you brought some boudin etc. ;)

IF you keep the grill guard; get it powdercoated. I hate chrome lol.

Lol maybe when I'm off for Christmas…

I'm gonna put it on the Exxon classifieds(well, my mom will for me) and Craigslist soon. I want a ranch hand rear, but I'll probably wait on that and use the money for something motor related.

Sent from the Bayou

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
Lol maybe when I'm off for Christmas…

I'm gonna put it on the Exxon classifieds(well, my mom will for me) and Craigslist soon. I want a ranch hand rear, but I'll probably wait on that and use the money for something motor related.

Sent from the Bayou

Good plan! I should be around! ;)

Sent from my nerd lab

weazel

Reaction score
Oh yeah, looks good minus the horrid shopping cart smasher,

Initiate modifications

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

6.4blackout

Reaction score
Nice 6.0 reminds me of my 6.0 I had my freshman year of college. I'd suggest an New Straight pipe exhaust 4 or 5 inch, an Monitor, an Tuner, Upgrade those rims to the 08-10 Lariat rims with some toyo tires,egr delete, BPD Oil Cooler, Studs.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Good plan! I should be around! ;)

Schweet! To CS!! Or, you and your posse come down here "for the game"(whenever it is)...:poke:

Sent from my nerd lab

Oh yeah, looks good minus the horrid shopping cart smasher,

Initiate modifications

That's the plan...if only I could get my wallet on board :fustrate:

So far:
Steering wheel cover
OEM chrome tip( for a lil blang :pimp:)
new front pads(still a horrible squeal, gonna do the rear soon)

Soon to come:
4" exh(should be headed my way Thurs)
rotors checked
blue spring
OEM filters(hopefully these 3 will be this weekend)
coolant filter(gonna go to Coy's Fri. and get a sinister probably)
Maybe some harley 20s

After my wallet and I restore our relationship:
Absolute egr delete
Absolute delta line kit
oil cooler
stc fittings
and studs(gotta see where I can get the heads checked, unless I can get our mech to do everything...hm)

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Nice 6.0 reminds me of my 6.0 I had my freshman year of college. I'd suggest an New Straight pipe exhaust 4 or 5 inch, an Monitor, an Tuner, Upgrade those rims to the 08-10 Lariat rims with some toyo tires,egr delete, BPD Oil Cooler, Studs.

Thanks, yea I forgot to add the monitor and custom tunes to my first list. A wheel upgrade is currently on the table, but it'll be for 20" 6.0 harley wheels. If I can find a place to refinish them for a good price, I'll probably get them.

Also forgot to add a coolant flush before the new oil cooler(like a month before), and adding some more power steering fluid

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Hey man I am going to the game at Death Valley as of right now agian y'all's lsu tigers. If you need any help that weekend.

Thanks for the offer but HOPEFULLY I'll have all the short term stuff done by then. Not planning to really go into it until Dec.

Sent from the Bayou

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
I'd LOVE to come for the November 23 (see what I did there?) game, but alas... work... we MAY be there for Christmas again. If I am, we'll have a wrenching party! ;)

weazel

Reaction score
That's the plan...if only I could get my wallet on board :fustrate:

So far:
Steering wheel cover
OEM chrome tip( for a lil blang :pimp:)
new front pads(still a horrible squeal, gonna do the rear soon)

Soon to come:
4" exh(should be headed my way Thurs)
rotors checked
blue spring
OEM filters(hopefully these 3 will be this weekend)
coolant filter(gonna go to Coy's Fri. and get a sinister probably)
Maybe some harley 20s

After my wallet and I restore our relationship:
Absolute egr delete
Absolute delta line kit
oil cooler
stc fittings
and studs(gotta see where I can get the heads checked, unless I can get our mech to do everything...hm)

Me and my wallet, are in a constant struggle, oddly the wife has no issues, but I have always had some kind of vehicle I throw money at. The build plan looks good, but just remember it never stops

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score
Nice truck! Now make her ^ work on it! I heard she likes that ;) LOL

Listen here, mister... :poke: If it all works out, I will be helping him! :)

Me and my wallet, are in a constant struggle, oddly the wife has no issues, but I have always had some kind of vehicle I throw money at. The build plan looks good, but just remember, it never stops

That part is key LOL. I am just glad there are so many awesome resources here on PSA to help, though! :)

weazel

Reaction score

That part is key LOL. I am just glad there are so many awesome resources here on PSA to help, though! :)

The resources here are great, I can't wait to move back home and be closer to allot of the members/vendors/events,

The process is never ending with a vehicle, you think you have it where you want it then a part fails, or someone beats you at a light or, something new comes out you didn't even know you needed

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

LOL It better work out! I'm turning down a $450 week skiing trip for this wrenching party! I'd rather use that money on my truck anyways, especially after being behind a straight piped 6.0 as I was driving back on campus.

The resources here are great, I can't wait to move back home and be closer to allot of the members/vendors/events,

The process is never ending with a vehicle, you think you have it where you want it then a part fails, or someone beats you at a light or, something new comes out you didn't even know you needed

Yea, I'm noticing that LOL, everyday I see something new that I NEED. And no one seems to understand! :cursing: "You bought a truck, now you 'need' to do stuff to it!?" "Why do you 'need' an EGR delete!?" "Why would you want to do the heads if they are fine!?"

weazel

Reaction score
LOL It better work out! I'm turning down a $450 week skiing trip for this wrenching party! I'd rather use that money on my truck anyways, especially after being behind a straight piped 6.0 as I was driving back on campus.

Yea, I'm noticing that LOL, everyday I see something new that I NEED. And no one seems to understand! :cursing: "You bought a truck, now you 'need' to do stuff to it!?" "Why do you 'need' an EGR delete!?" "Why would you want to do the heads if they are fine!?"

Oh yeah, straight piped is awesome. I have been compiling a list of stuff I NEED!!! It's all the pricey stuff now, I got the cheap mods now I gotta fork out the real coin

Ford diesel girl

Reaction score

Priorities! NOW you see where my reasoning comes in, on truck parts vs. trips etc. LOL Plans seem to be in order for Christmas in BR, so I will keep you apprised of the dates!

Truck/car people understand each other. Those not in the community, have no idea. LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.