Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
noise could be leaky up pipe or y pipe. Hard to tell from vid

I'll try to check tomorrow, but Mike's answer seems sensible enough too. I could imagine the vanes making a sound similar to this if they weren't moving as freely as the should. Noise comes at about the same time you'd hear the turbo spooling on a straight piped truck.
If that's the case, would a cleaning remedy it?

Sent from the Bayou

weazel

Reaction score
I'll try to check tomorrow, but Mike's answer seems sensible enough too. I could imagine the vanes making a sound similar to this if they weren't moving as freely as the should. Noise comes at about the same time you'd hear the turbo spooling on a straight piped truck.
If that's the case, would a cleaning remedy it?

Sent from the Bayou

I try, I tryed cleaning mine, didn't help, so I bought a new one. Mine did it for 2 years before it finally sh!t on me.

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

weazel

Reaction score
Poop.

Sent from the Bayou

If it bugs you fix it, I only tried because I thought it seized but the VGT dementia took a crap on mine so I pulled it cleaned it and reinstalled it just to yank it again and buy a p-max

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
If it bugs you fix it, I only tried because I thought it seized but the VGT dementia took a crap on mine so I pulled it cleaned it and reinstalled it just to yank it again and buy a p-max

I may try to fix it, but if it isn't causing problems, I'll hold off til I can do injectors and replace the turbo.

Sent from the Bayou

OBS F350

Reaction score
Looks good without the brush guard man! Unfortunately when you put exhaust on these trucks your fuel mileage plummets. Too hard not to get on it everywhere ;).

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Looks good without the brush guard man! Unfortunately when you put exhaust on these trucks your fuel mileage plummets. Too hard not to get on it everywhere ;).

Thanks, best mod yet lol!
I know…that's troublesome…I'm down to 12.1 according to the dash lol. I think it reads low though…I hand calc'd 12.7 when it read mid-low 12s :shrug: guess I got a pessimistic truck lol

Sent from the Bayou

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Sounded good on instagram brotha. 6.0's sound best under WOT

Thanks man

My boss just gave me a SCT livewire and one of the flash tuners to play with, get to keep one, so I guess it'll be getting tuned soon.

I think I read somewhere that TSD offers tunes that shut off the VGT at idle, is that right? Do any other tuners offer that as well?

Sent from the Bayou

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks man

My boss just gave me a SCT livewire and one of the flash tuners to play with, get to keep one, so I guess it'll be getting tuned soon.

I think I read somewhere that TSD offers tunes that shut off the VGT at idle, is that right? Do any other tuners offer that as well?

Sent from the Bayou

Pretty sure anybody can do that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

alwil

Reaction score
Thanks man

Sent from the Bayou

I think innovative and Matt do that also

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Just realized that I can use the livewire as a monitor :doh: so I'll call SCT soon (probably next week) and get it unlocked and probably Matt's SRL tune. Wasn't planning to tune at this point, lol but free is good too. My wallet is hurting from all this, especially w/ wheels and tires coming soon.

Sent from the Bayou

swinky

Reaction score
Whatever I can find really. I like chrome fuel cranks and XD badlands, but those will come later, I want some stock 20s(6.0, 6.4 or 6.7) on 35" Toyos for now.

The king ranch 20s with the tan in the wheel would look killer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
man, I'll keep an eye out in H-town. I run across take-offs pretty often, and the 8-10 KR's pop up pretty often with a limited number of trucks that they'll work on. Should be able to get some pretty cheap

Latest posts

Members online