Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Greased my gn ball(was rusted, and hard to get out) and sprayed WD40 on the exh hangers.
Waiting for word on my exhaust…"patiently"…
Gonna do an oil, filter and fuel filter change soon. And wash it. She's a durty gurl…

Sent from the Bayou

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
tanezy5e.jpg
7a3ameby.jpg
jy4eqyvy.jpg
No más grill guard!

Sent from the Bayou

sootie

Reaction score
you know what might look better than 08-10 20s is the five spoke 20s from that year amarillo.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Sometimes on start up(5ish sec after it cranks) there a whistle like noise. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?
I think there's a thread here or on the org. about it, but I haven't been able to find it, a link to that thread would also be appreciated.

Sent from the Bayou

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Sometimes on start up(5ish sec after it cranks) there a whistle like noise. Anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?
I think there's a thread here or on the org. about it, but I haven't been able to find it, a link to that thread would also be appreciated.

Sent from the Bayou

M friends 6.0 does it. I always thought it was the turbo programming... you don't like it?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
M friends 6.0 does it. I always thought it was the turbo programming... you don't like it?

It's not the turbo, I'm not sure what it is. When UPS gets here, I'll go out and get a vid. I'm thinking something to do w/ A/C, but I always turn it off before I get out.

Sent from the Bayou

weazel

Reaction score
It's not the turbo, I'm not sure what it is. When UPS gets here, I'll go out and get a vid. I'm thinking something to do w/ A/C, but I always turn it off before I get out.

Sent from the Bayou

Mine used to do it with the stock turbo on it, your VGT vanes are slightly rusty, I bet it does it right before the turbo starts to whistle, right when the idle smooths out, I swapped turbos and mine stopped doing it

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Mine used to do it with the stock turbo on it, your VGT vanes are slightly rusty, I bet it does it right before the turbo starts to whistle, right when the idle smooths out, I swapped turbos and mine stopped doing it

Well chit…

Here's a vid. It's at about 10 sec.
http://youtu.be/roKAj0avpcI

Sent from the Bayou

weazel

Reaction score
It's 14 seconds and I can't hear it

Latest posts

Members online