Powerstroked08 build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Oh i also have turbo blankets. I was following your build and ordered them from Levi and now there waiting in my spare room with the rest of my stuff.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are going to do the Tow X. Ii am really pumped to see how this combo does on stock fuel...especially since you got a handshaker.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are going to do the Tow X. Ii am really pumped to see how this combo does on stock fuel...especially since you got a handshaker.

Yeah me too! The spool up is part of the reason i changed my mind. And then i got thinking and all of the guys who have built trucks with waaaay more power than mine always say to add a lot of air and then you can grow into it with fuel later. Kinda funny though i was originally going to do the torque tows,then tow power atmosphere, then switched to full tow power setup, but then this new 72 came out and i "had"to have it. Now im sitting here waiting for tow X'sLOLLOL

powerstroked08

Reaction score
And really the price wasnt as much as i thought it would be. I didn't realize that you dont send in your atmosphere for core charge on the tow X. So if you do send it in like im doing you get some more cash off the price really.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yeah me too! The spool up is part of the reason i changed my mind. And then i got thinking and all of the guys who have built trucks with waaaay more power than mine always say to add a lot of air and then you can grow into it with fuel later. Kinda funny though i was originally going to do the torque tows,then tow power atmosphere, then switched to full tow power setup, but then this new 72 came out and i "had"to have it. Now im sitting here waiting for tow X'sLOLLOL

Are you doing both the HP or just the atmo? Do you know what is the A/R ia on the atmo?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I didnt realize they went back to a billet on the TOW X atmo.

Yeah i didn't either. I asked Tadd about them and he said they had issues with the first billet wheels so they went to cast. But Precision revised the billet wheel by making it thicker to remedy the issues. So i dont know how many of these new billets are out there. I would assume a few since its the same charger thats in the high powers. I hope there isn't any issues.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Yeah i didn't either. I asked Tadd about them and he said they had issues with the first billet wheels so they went to cast. But Precision revised the billet wheel by making it thicker to remedy the issues. So i dont know how many of these new billets are out there. I would assume a few since its the same charger thats in the high powers. I hope there isn't any issues.

Me too. Thats good to know. I always hated the idea of goin to a BB turbo with a cast wheel.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
The atmo a/r housing will be a .81 housing and it will have a billet CEA wheel in it from Percision.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Disregard. Didn't read the rest of the thread. Thought it was only the first page when I posted. :doh:

No problem! :thumbup: I'm just hoping i made a good decision and the build is going to be what i want it to be. It definately got a little bigger than i origionally planned, but as they say horse power is like pu$$y. Once you get some you always want more!

Last edited:

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
No problem! :thumbup: I'm just hoping i made a good decision and the build is going to be what i want it to be. It definately got a little bigger than i origionally planned, but as they say horse power is like pu$$y. Once you get some you always want more!

Never heard that analogy but it sure makes sense lol

My original post makes sense now that I read the whole thread. What I said was how in your original post you said that the original turbos were all you could afford at the moment.... well, those suckers cost well over double what I paid for my truck so :flipa: LOL

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Never heard that analogy but it sure makes sense lol

My original post makes sense now that I read the whole thread. What I said was how in your original post you said that the original turbos were all you could afford at the moment.... well, those suckers cost well over double what I paid for my truck so :flipa: LOL

LOL Well i get it now! I had a real hard time deciding on the chargers for this, but i kept on letting the concept of more power get to me! And who doesn't want to hear this sound coming from their daily driver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhXdZpSGZ1U

3brorce

Reaction score
I am looking to go with tow xs here sometime as well and will be running stock fuel. I will be following!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'll be posting everything i find on my truck. I looked and couldn't find a lot of trucks with them. webb06 and corbin have provided the most info i was able to locate. And thanks a lot Chris (corbin)! Thanks to your youtube video of the sound pretty much sealed the fate of my bank account! But one thing that will make my truck differant is the manual, but i think i'll just be fighting the lag more than an automatic would.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The atmo a/r housing will be a .81 housing and it will have a billet CEA wheel in it from Percision.

Thanks. So now that we are back to billet, what is the difference between the HP atmo and the Tow X atmo?