Powerstroked08 build

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I honestly was thinking about just going to the high powers but some of my reason was cost but a big part was i think i can keep the lag lower with a 59 vs a 63. And having a manual thats a big deal to me. So i went with the X's and I'm gating to the 76 along with the turbo blankets for both chargers i hope this will keep my lag to a minimum.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Zero. The differance between the two high power and tow power x is the vgt in the x is a 59 billet and the high power is a 63 billet.

That' awesome since the price is a big difference between the two.

You are definitely right.....Corb's truck sounded awesome with the X.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok I have a noise on the driverside of my truck it seems anyhow. I asked about it in the tech section and I figured I'd post up what it sounds like here as well to maybe get a few more opinions. I'm thinking its a rocker going bad but I'm looking for the answers to this thing. I just need to know if I need something else before I tear into this thing with the rest of my build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lctBnfkBluM&feature=player_embedded

By the way this isn't my truck but its the same noise.

webb06

Reaction score
I would pull the valve cover to be 100% for sure but it sure sounds like something along those lines.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Thats what I'm thinking. It doesn't always do it. Almost like the rocker is worn and tapping the valve. If thats the case I'm going to throw a set of rockers on it. But I would like to have more brains on this than just my little one! I'm really hoping its just a rocker and not a lifter pumping down because I dont think I can change them without pulling heads. And I'm not about to open that can of worms. If it does come to that is there ANY way to replace a set of lifters with out pulling the head? Maybe trimming the head gasket and pulling the lifters up and out and placing one back in?

webb06

Reaction score
How many miles were on the engine before it was deleted? I have seen 80k mile engines need new rockers because the stems are wore off the arms and the are sitting on the valve bridges

Like this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373419102.191278.jpg

powerstroked08

Reaction score
65,000 give or take maybe 200 miles. Honestly I wouldn't be too upset if its a rocker. I would replace all of them naturally. But its funny how it just started happening, maybe the little ball end fell out or it just started getting really sloppy. I'm really hoping its just some rockers. And like I said i the tech section it isnt throwing any codes or cel. And the truck runs fine minus the sound haha.

webb06

Reaction score
the ball could have fallen out of the end like in the picture i posted. i dont think you can get the lifters out without pulling the heads. mostly because the plastic retainers cant come out with the heads on..

so im hoping its just a rocker for you

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah me too! If its a lifter if thers any possibility of getting that bad boy out of there without pulling my heads, I'm going to try like hell!(lots and lots of magnets!!!!!) I think I have read your whole build thread like 5 times and I'm very leary of retorquing my heads.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know how your dealing with it so well. I'd be pretty ticked off and probably drunk for a few days. Its good you don't drink!LOL

webb06

Reaction score
i know i can fix it and it'll eventually get fixed right. just gunna take some more time

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well it seems to make the noise when its up to temperature. Not sure if its a rocker or a lifter for sure. Anyhow if I try and look at the lifters I need to pull the rail. So does anybody know what the part number for the fuel lines is? I really dont want to go that far into this thing but if I need to, then doing it during my build wont be that big of a deal. Any advise is appreciated! Thanks guys!

webb06

Reaction score
Well it seems to make the noise when its up to temperature. Not sure if its a rocker or a lifter for sure. Anyhow if I try and look at the lifters I need to pull the rail. So does anybody know what the part number for the fuel lines is? I really dont want to go that far into this thing but if I need to, then doing it during my build wont be that big of a deal. Any advise is appreciated! Thanks guys!

The jumper lines under the valve covers? They come with injector seals and o rings too usually. Not sure on the part number. You won't be able to see the lifters I'm almost certain. You can also take off the piece that the valve cover bolts too if you want. That'll gain you a little extra room so maybe you can see more. Best of luck

webb06

Reaction score
I was actually replacing the fuel rail sensor on that truck and noticed the rockers. No noticeable noise that I could tell