Powerstroked08 build

webb06

Reaction score
Exactly. Any truck that has a lot of regen cycles throughout its life along with a horrible maintenance record is bound to have bad rockers. They go bad from the diesel diluting the oil

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah thats why I tuned my truck initially........sort ofLOL! Well thats what I told the woman! Those regens are just about the worst thing to happen to these poor engines really.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Well I just opened my email, and it seems that the UPS man is going to be stopping by with the rest of my parts thursday! Needless to say I'm slightly excited!:postwhore2:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Ok so heres a little update. I finally recieved the rest of my parts this past saturday. So I started to tear it down around 5 pm on saturday. Here are some of the pictures I took.
20130817_220816.jpg

20130818_002800 (1).jpg

20130818_002800.jpg

20130818_002829.jpg

20130818_002807.jpg

So now the trucks together and I'm palying with some of the tuning. Right now the highest boost I've seen was 38 pounds. Now I understand that boost is a measurement of restriction. But I cant imagine that I removed enough restriction to drop 10-12 pounds of boost. But who knows:shrug:. Anyhow the truck sounds mean as hell and is fun to drive. But I hope to get it dialed in here in the next week or so!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm on bone stock fuel, HD300 tune(I have been playing with duty cycle and desired backpressure), and Yes I do have a gate. The gate is routed to the downpipe and I have done some tuning with it as well.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on bone stock fuel, HD300 tune(I have been playing with duty cycle and desired backpressure), and Yes I do have a gate. The gate is routed to the downpipe and I have done some tuning with it as well.

turn the gate all the way open , then start closing accordingly until you get spool and boost/bp to your liking. just takes a bit of time. once you go full open, id give a full turn and a half closed just to save you some time in the process. sounds like the gate is opening way early. i assume your BP is staying low and spool is suffering.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm only making around 42 with my tow x's. I've been told mine is low too
Well maybe we have similay problems. I have been watching your build to see what to expect. And now the low boost is one of those thingsLOL
turn the gate all the way open , then start closing accordingly until you get spool and boost/bp to your liking. just takes a bit of time. once you go full open, id give a full turn and a half closed just to save you some time in the process. sounds like the gate is opening way early. i assume your BP is staying low and spool is suffering.

Yeah I started at full open and did 1 1/2 turns to start off. I saw it in another thread and I think you or mike haller said to start there but I cant remember. Anyhow my bp was 55-60 and I closed it some more and I can get 65-70 now but still only 37-38 pounds of boost:shrug:. Just my luck LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well maybe we have similay problems. I have been watching your build to see what to expect. And now the low boost is one of those thingsLOL

Yeah I started at full open and did 1 1/2 turns to start off. I saw it in another thread and I think you or mike haller said to start there but I cant remember. Anyhow my bp was 55-60 and I closed it some more and I can get 65-70 now but still only 37-38 pounds of boost:shrug:. Just my luck LOL

did you call elite ? yeah i'd assume you should be in the 50 range. give or take a few each way.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
did you call elite ? yeah i'd assume you should be in the 50 range. give or take a few each way.

Yeah I did Tadd sent me another tune to try. I think he did some duty cycle changes. I Hope to get the boost to 50! I would be pretty stoked then! And for some reason its kinda smokey? I dont get that. And the egt's are up as well. I'm kinda at a loss as to where to go next ya know. But at least its running :D

webb06

Reaction score
Yeah I did Tadd sent me another tune to try. I think he did some duty cycle changes. I Hope to get the boost to 50! I would be pretty stoked then! And for some reason its kinda smokey? I dont get that. And the egt's are up as well. I'm kinda at a loss as to where to go next ya know. But at least its running :D

What kind of tunes is tadd sending you?

webb06

Reaction score
Is that via mcc? Maybe I should call him and see if he knows what Matt should do with my tuning

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yeah. I played with some of my own stuff and I think I might have done some similar stuff, but like I said I haven't looked at the file yet. But its worth a call for sure!

madman1234509

Reaction score
Obviously ifv youre smokey and egts are up with stock fuel youre having issues. Is your gate running from your up pipes to the downpipe, or from the up pipes to the inlet inbetween the chargers? Ive never been a big fan with larger turbo set ups of gating around the big charger and to the downpipe unless you have ridiculous fuel or nitrous. Youre on stock fuel, there shouldnt be a reason to avoid trying to push the big charger unless youre seeing ridiculous boost numbers, or ridiculous bp number which i would suspect the small charger would be the culprit. You dont see people gating around a stock atmo. Both of you are having boost problems. Id be gating from the up pipes and pushing the big turbo, esp with stock fuel, there is no reason to waste all of that energy. The precision turbo should be able to handle the speed stock fuel would spin it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online