Progress report on my build

White_monster

Reaction score
I put a bunch of time into it. Machine shop called. Turns out the Carrillo rods need to be finished. There's a sharp edge where the bearings are rolled in and if you leave it you take material off the back of the bearing and that changes the clearences. He's also polishing the crank journals and gonna bullnose and knife edge what he can. Ford packages stuff badly and he's gonna clean the bearing backs up as well since they just rattle around in the box. To sum it up, the machine shop is as meticulous as me if not more.

White_monster

Reaction score
Well had a couple ppl ask me what paint I used on my block and what prep I did. Well the block was dipped in a cleaning tank after getting decked and honed. I cleaned it some more with a scotch brite as well once it was home. Masked it all off obviously. I used Duplicolor engine enamel in Ford Blue. Tested the paint on my heads during my last build and it's held up great plus it's designed for up to 500F which is plenty. I put about 4 coats on and that's it. Hope this helps anyone thinking about doing this.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Nice to see some progress on that baby. It will be a nice piece when all is said and done. Good thing you have a good machine shop, could imagine others skimping on all the extra work that your guy puts in to make it perfect.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Since your running an aftermarket pan you should weld a bung in the pan for an additional oil drain for a remote mount turbo, i know now that its not in your plans but now is the best time to get it done.

White_monster

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. I purchased 3.55 gears, OUO long gusset weld on traction bars, RCD'S new 4-link kit as well. Just need to pick up some lockers now, selectable front for sure. Also picked up a 1.28 exhaust housing for the big turbo.

White_monster

Reaction score
Max powers are sent with a 1.12 housing and I was told I couldn't order a bigger one at the time I ordered. Oh well Precision had what I needed and shipped it right away. I went direct to avoid wait times that's all.

01platinum

Reaction score
Built looks good. Going to be awesome when done but sure you want to take your time to do it right.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Erikclaw

Reaction score
The size should help in relieving bp? I wish we could order turbos from those bastadges that quickly. Meaning the ones that they make for Elites kits.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The size should help in relieving bp? I wish we could order turbos from those bastadges that quickly. Meaning the ones that they make for Elites kits.

hopefully it should allow for some gating between stages but only time will tell.

White_monster

Reaction score
I'll be gating between stages. Gonna do a gate off each bank and one hate from between around the lp turbo. Should work fine. I would rather only have 2 gates but 3 is how it will be. Not ideal but it's what I got.

Erik you can order from Precision. Give them a call.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is good to know, I am not buying anything for my motor for a long while. Well that is my plan at least.