S300 kit review

CT9AIX

Reaction score
don't have any pics, but received my kit today and everything looks great. the ceramic coating on the pedestal is super nice, came with nice 4 ply silicone couplers, every single nut/bolt/fitting/adapter you could possibly think of and new up pipes gaskets. cant wait to get it on and snap some pics! thanks again morgan

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Morgans kit is awesome and the install was effortless. Bump for ya morgan, loving the kit on the truck!

B585Ford

Reaction score
don't have any pics, but received my kit today and everything looks great. the ceramic coating on the pedestal is super nice, came with nice 4 ply silicone couplers, every single nut/bolt/fitting/adapter you could possibly think of and new up pipes gaskets. cant wait to get it on and snap some pics! thanks again morgan

When do you plan to do the install.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Realistically next weekend, 6-21. I have to collect a few other parts that don't have anything to do with the single kit so I can kill a few birds at once while I have everything apart.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Well, got a chance yesterday to install this kit. I must say the install went very smooth and its a very well designed kit. Everything lines up very good on the up-pipes/downpipe/pedestal and makes life easy. Got done late, so i'm loading Matt's tune on it now and gonna go obey the speed limits and all the rules of the road today... and I'll give a full update later today or tomorrow :thumbsup:

Started off like this:

truck11_zpse858b587.png

truck14_zpsa4e5e5de.png

truck13_zps6933d3b6.png

Now we have....

truck8_zpsdbffe15d.png

truck6_zpsd50f9f20.png

truck5_zps2b07113d.png

truck1_zpsaac1067c.png

DSG03bolt

Reaction score
Well, got a chance yesterday to install this kit. I must say the install went very smooth and its a very well designed kit. Everything lines up very good on the up-pipes/downpipe/pedestal and makes life easy. Got done late, so i'm loading Matt's tune on it now and gonna go obey the speed limits and all the rules of the road today... and I'll give a full update later today or tomorrow :thumbsup:

Started off like this:

truck11_zpse858b587.png

truck14_zpsa4e5e5de.png

truck13_zps6933d3b6.png

Now we have....

truck8_zpsdbffe15d.png

truck6_zpsd50f9f20.png

truck5_zps2b07113d.png

truck1_zpsaac1067c.png

Looks Like It Belongs There. Are You On Stock Fuel?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
very nice! did you go cast wheel or billet? very interested to hear what you think!

my feet are hurting from standing on the fence so long on this setup :eek:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Haha!! Just realized half my pics are upside down... I suck at the picture posting sometimes.

As for the turbo, it's a HTT S371 with a billet wheel and yes I'm on stock HPFP and nozzles at the moment. I haven't driven it much so far, but if your on the fence, just do it. It's already a better feel than my 72/59. Only other thing I might add is a BOV. I get a little compressor surge, nothing bad, but I prefer none if possible. I'm gonna talk to Morgan about it and see what he thinks.

Also playing with some different tranny tunes from Matt to see what's works best also. I'll post my finding tomorrow, or after I get some miles on it.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
compressor surge can be tuned out, but the 71 is going to surge more than a 66... it can be tuned out for the most part. you can drive around it, but if you've got a tuner who's dealt with that combo, it shouldn't be too terrible to tune.

what tunes are you running? higher shift points/keeping the RPM up will help a ton with surge

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I have Matt's tuning at the moment. He told me when he made them if I needed to adjust anything to just let him know after I ran the truck... So I'm going to email him tomorrow about the surging and adjusting the shift points a little higher too. I'm sure he will be able to get it squared away