S300 kit review

Cknox121

Reaction score
I should say less of a bogging state. It's lights quicker when you go to pass. About the same as stock chargers at highway speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
well, at any given speed, you're going to be carrying more RPM...

and you're not losing power to turning the big tires. but the RPM is the key

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Makes for a fun ride if you don't worry about fuel economy. LOL

I loved the way my 6.4 drove with 32" Nitto 420s and 3.73 gears. It was snappy in traffic at 75-80 mph.

I just got a set of 22 AF's with 305/45 Nittos that come in at 32.6". Orta be snappy compared to my E rated 35's.

I'm tellin' ya, I've been "THIS" close to ordering a billet 66 kit for the reg cab for a month :(

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I just got a set of 22 AF's with 305/45 Nittos that come in at 32.6". Orta be snappy compared to my E rated 35's.

I'm tellin' ya, I've been "THIS" close to ordering a billet 66 kit for the reg cab for a month :(

The new tires will be night and day in the handling department. And yeah, it'll be a lot less laggy at 70 mph with the shorter tires. It'll be more fun to drive period with the shorter tires.

Go for the single! If I ever end up in another 6.4L, Morgan's kit would be on it without a doubt.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
he and I have been in contact about it a few times here lately...

my current thing is I'm doing a lot of traveling this summer, and I've been driving the reg cab a bunch... once summer wraps up and I get started on the "new" CCSB, I'll probably put a billet 66 on the little truck

CT9AIX

Reaction score
when the time does come for tires i'm going to try and get something lighter for sure. right now I have 35x12.50 trail grapplers which are boat anchors. so i'll have to do some research on some all terrain tires and see if they weigh less. I cant really go down in size because I do go off road with the truck and don't want to loose any ground clearance... not that 2" is much, but I tell the wife it is! LOL

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Quick update, got everything squared away and 100% love it. The truck straight rips, sounds awesome (after I put a muffler on... it was way to loud straight piped lol) and matt got the tuning dialed in. there is def a learning curve to driving with a single compared to the stock style turbos, but after a week or so you get used to it and its awesome. thanks again for everything morgan!

Stroked777

Reaction score
I'm sorry if I derail a little bit, but I never driven a non vgt truck, I did own a 6.0 before but what is different that you gotta learn to drive it?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
yeah it does. if you have a heavy foot right off the line is still puffs some smoke, but it kind of comes with the territory of a non vgt single. its pretty easy to control though if you just slowly get into the throttle driving around town. that's a little bit of what I was saying on relearning how to drive with it

johnp115

Reaction score
For me it was almost like if you roll into the throttle and brought it up to 22-2400 Rpm's it drove a lot better than trying to keep it under 2000 every time you stop and go.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
your absolutely right, I do the same thing and had matt make some adjustments to the tranny file to keep it around there at certain times

Reaction score
Quick update, got everything squared away and 100% love it. The truck straight rips, sounds awesome (after I put a muffler on... it was way to loud straight piped lol) and matt got the tuning dialed in. there is def a learning curve to driving with a single compared to the stock style turbos, but after a week or so you get used to it and its awesome. thanks again for everything morgan!

Awesome! I'm glad it's working great for you!

Stroked777

Reaction score
I have to drive now with a light foot to keep my truck from puffing on take off, still does it with gh tunes. I need money asap for a single lol. I can't take not having one anymore

johnp115

Reaction score
Why did you sell your kit?

Kind of a list of reasons,

I need to slow down/control with my spending on the truck at the moment

I just bought the truck in feb and was still having a blast with the way it drove

I love being able to drive all week with 10-25% throttle and cool egts (impossible with a single lol)

My trans wasn't gonna last long with a single, I couldn't keep from going wot 2-3 times a day. (It is a lot of fun and pulls hard up top)

And I should have tried upgraded compounds first to see what those are like.

It just didn't fit my style and I didn't really wanna buy it to begin with, there was just a lot of hype around it and i stumbled on to the whole kit for 1300 brand new, shipped to me.(hard to resist that price)

No doubt about it in the future ill have a single'd 6.4 again but just at the moment it's not what I needed to do.

Latest posts

Members online