S300 kit review

CT9AIX

Reaction score
i'm only about 400' above sea level running matt's MCC tuning also. not sure why I get so much of it

CT9AIX

Reaction score
auto, I'm currently running the hybrid, but it also did it on the regular

CT9AIX

Reaction score
mostly just rolling into it. say merging onto a road with a 55mph speed limit and your at a dead stop, you need to give it a good bit of throttle to get up to speed, about 1/2 throttle or so. so i'm going up to 50mph, get there and slowly let off throttle and it happens. might be into 15-20 psi of boost when letting off slowly. I understand how and why surging happens and I try to do what I can to not let it happen, but it doesent seem it help. I have to either drive like grandma, or go WOT everywhere for it not to happen lol

if anyone has any ideas of things for me to try or test to cure this i'm all ears

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
no, not yet. I sent him an email first thing this morning but have not heard back. he may revise my file and it could cure everything, I just thought to throw the idea out there and see if anyone has had the same issue

Radioflyer

Reaction score
higher shift points/keeping the RPM up will help a ton with surge

:whs:....raise your shift points a little and see how it does. Mine surges like no other in that speed range all the way to 65mph untill I had matt re-do my shift points...still needs a little adjusting but waiting for the trans to be put in untill that happens; but again i'm fighting elevation more than anything.

Edit: Does it do it in tow haul as bad?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Matt locks out OD in T/H

if you're in OD at 55, you definitely need shift point revisions... you could maybe let it go into OD at zero throttle there, but you'd want it to kick down with more than just the SLIGHTEST throttle input

don't be afraid to carry some RPM down the road at those speeds. try T/H and see how it drives with OD locked out in the mean time

CT9AIX

Reaction score
:whs:....raise your shift points a little and see how it does. Mine surges like no other in that speed range all the way to 65mph untill I had matt re-do my shift points...still needs a little adjusting but waiting for the trans to be put in untill that happens; but again i'm fighting elevation more than anything.

Edit: Does it do it in tow haul as bad?

I haven't tried it in tow/haul mode... never thought of it actually. gonna try it on the way home tonight

Mine goes to 4th locked around 45 and 5th locked at 60, I agree pushing the shifts a little further may help.

that's what I had asked matt to do in my email. I asked to push the shift points back a bit and let the rpms hang some more. we will see, i'm sure he will get it running great. this was the starting point for the single kit on my truck, so I didn't expect it to be perfect right out of the gate.

so in a nut shell, everyone that has a single doesent have the surging that I seem to be expirencing? i'm not saying you don't have any at all, but its more under control than mine currently is?

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
For the moment, tow/haul mode is my new best friend. Truck is waaaay better on the back roads. On the highway it obvisouly holds the rpms too high for my liking, but for everything under 65mph it's awesome

Cknox121

Reaction score
Going from a 35 to a 31 in tire size made a huge difference for me. Gained about 2 psi cruising. Less lag. But turning 2400 rpm a 80 drinks fuel lol. 75mph rpms are around 21-2200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.