S468 problems- irate mount

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Again... all the issues I have read about seem to revolve around the compressor housing...

SO MOVE THE DAMN MOUNT TO THE LEFT...

Brain surgery its not...

Of course you cant fix the current issue, but you can make adjustments to other kits.

bigjake0524

Reaction score
The 468 has a race cover on it which isn't the standard cover and an smooth fit. If the mount is raised sure it works on the Super Duty but it will hit the cowl on the OBS trucks. So there are compromises that need to be made on the mounts to work with everything. I run the same turbo on my truck and have many other customers running the turbos as well. They are a tight fit and I don't tell anybody otherwise.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Again... all the issues I have read about seem to revolve around the compressor housing... <br />
<br />
SO MOVE THE DAMN MOUNT TO THE LEFT...<br />
<br />
Brain surgery its not...<br />
<br />
Of course you cant fix the current issue, but you can make adjustments to other kits.

With the way the waste gate is, I don't know if there's room to move it with out making it look like a total hack job.

I will get it, just a speed bump and all in all a minor one at that. Irritated yes, but I've been around long enough to know this **** happens. I started the thread to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid lol. I will get intakes ordered tomorrow and get it done this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

obspsd

Reaction score
as Jake stated the kits are made to work on an obs and if the mount was moved to the left there would be no way to get a decent flowing downpipe on there. the 468 is larger than my 475. the housing is the issue, not the mount

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The cover on the 475 is a fair bit smaller.

If he moves it up any to help clear the plenum a wastegate WILL NOT work. Mine already drags the cowl when I slide it into place.

As far as moving it over, a SD there is room. But not sure if it would affect the Down pipe.

FWIW. My hypermax IC pipe (hot side) Works now. If the mount was moved to the left it wouldn't.

Southmike

Reaction score
how does it work on obs and sd.. do they change the exhaust mani to sd?
I ask bc there is a 400 bellowed mount for an obs but not sd friendly.
My obs was a gasser.

Black 02

Reaction score
This S468 with a race cover isn't like the Jetta TDI "modded" H2E that some are running.

Jake builds a nice kit and it doesn't look like the chickens were let loose on the welds like some.

Football season is fast approaching. I knew there had to be a reason for all the arm-chair quarterbacking.

ShortBus, you'll get it installed and be happy. It's a biach now, but you'll enjoy it later. Good Luck!

Short Bus

Reaction score
Sorry to the guys who PM'd me it wasn't showing up on tapatalk. I got parts on the way, thanks for all your input.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Last time I checked hypermax wasn't waste gates either

Luke all I am saying is your talking about 3/8 of an inch... There is PLENTY of room to shift a bit and not have a single issue with ANY TURBO that will fit under the cowl.

I hear people have issues with this and other turbos, its always one particular mount kit.

Its a fine looking kit, couple things I would change but its not mine...

This S468 with a race cover isn't like the Jetta TDI "modded" H2E that some are running.

Jake builds a nice kit and it doesn't look like the chickens were let loose on the welds like some.

Football season is fast approaching. I knew there had to be a reason for all the arm-chair quarterbacking.

ShortBus, you'll get it installed and be happy. It's a biach now, but you'll enjoy it later. Good Luck!

Oh yes, its my little shadow...

Ever get your pile back on the road? Or are you like most that take a year or more to get there DD trucks back together?:lame:

Black 02

Reaction score
Oh yes, its my little shadow...

Ever get your pile back on the road? Or are you like most that take a year or more to get there DD trucks back together?:lame:

How you been, Joe? Hope you had a good weekend. :welcome:

Shadow..... All I have to do mention DP and you come runnin' like a fat cow to molasses covered grain in a bucket. :toast:

Pile???? You have some taco'd out SC worn out farm truck and you call mine a pile? Come on now...... :lame:

No, my truck is not back together yet. Some things take time and money. I just like to make sure my stuff is done right and clean. It'll be a sweet setup when done. Looking forward to firing it up here real soon. I'll let you know when it's done. You can be the first to criticize my DP tuned setup.

Back to the OP. Good luck with the install. You'll like the combo when done.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Taco'd out? That sounds a bit like a racist remark...

I'd care if you mattered, but your pile is still growing moss in the back yard.

DocBar

Reaction score
Short Bus, thanks for starting this thread. I learned a few things. Too bad it's going to end up in AWOL now. I hope you're up and running soon.

After reading this thread, do you have an opinion on needing aftermarket plenums for a compound set up? Could it make some plumbing issues better or improve flow any?

Short Bus

Reaction score
I am really wishing I'd went a different route, I've certainly had better days turning wrenches. It still won't fit, I don't know how the hell you guys are getting it in there it's not any closer now than it was with stock intakes.

Joe one more word about changing this or changing that and I'm going to fly up and shove this turbo and kit up your ass. Shut the **** up already.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Joe one more word about changing this or changing that and I'm going to fly up and shove this turbo and kit up your ass. Shut the **** up already.

LOL nice Luke! But everyone knows that if you listened to Joe, you wouldn't be having these issues!! Jk

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Petro

Reaction score
I am really wishing I'd went a different route, I've certainly had better days turning wrenches. It still won't fit, I don't know how the hell you guys are getting it in there it's not any closer now than it was with stock intakes.

Glad Im not the only one who had this problem. Did you try it without the plenum in place? If Not, remove the plenum and stuff the turbo in and then install the plenum, This is the way I got my setup to work, looks like a b*tch but isnt real Bad. Good Luck man.

Black 02

Reaction score

Short,

Is the compressor housing touching the bolts? My compressor housing touched the tall head on the factory bolts on the intake when they were used in Jake's intake. I could mount the turbo, but couldn't roll the housing to hook up the IC pipe. I had to get some rounded head bolts that had a torx bit receptacle that was recessed. Almost like a plow bolt.

You have a picture?

I know Jake had a few earlier kit that were shorter but he supposedly raised the mount to alleviate the problem. How long have you had the uppipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.