single 66 or drop in 72??

Stroked777

Reaction score
No, there's plenty of fuel for a 66. Only thing more fuel would do is get you to about 700hp instead of the 625-650 range and it would spool up faster

Jbird

Reaction score
Hmmm i thought i bad read someone running a small single like this and stock fuel doing 700 awhile back?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Hmmm i thought i bad read someone running a small single like this and stock fuel doing 700 awhile back?

Maybe with a huge correction factor/generous dyno. 700 on stock fuel takes a damn perfect setup. Only legit backed by track times was Mike D (dyno 720ish) and trap was 695 with HPs.

Reaction score
Thats hard to say.... Obviously you'll lose spool up with a 66. On stock fuel I'm not really sure that a 66 will give you any more power than a 72mm drop in would do. If it never tows and is not a daily driver, although people do daily drive this, bite the bullet and go with a 72mm single. I believe people run them on stock fuel with success, and it'll make more power then a 66 or 72 drop in. Worst case if its too laggy for your liking, you can sell the 72 and just swap it for the 66 with little to no modification. It all depends on what you'd rather have.

A drop in 72 does not give you a 50-75 hp gain without a billet hp. A single 66 will. Single will reduce or get rid of the need for an external gate. A 71mm single is not recommended on stock fuel IMO. Too big to work. Although some people have had mild success in regular cabs with stock fuel. But they are much lighter and easier to push.

Stock pump only have enough fuel for 600-650 max depending on the dyno and how healthy your pump is. 700 on stock fuel is basically a fluke or a freak.

B585Ford

Reaction score
A drop in 72 does not give you a 50-75 hp gain without a billet hp. A single 66 will. Single will reduce or get rid of the need for an external gate. A 71mm single is not recommended on stock fuel IMO. Too big to work. Although some people have had mild success in regular cabs with stock fuel. But they are much lighter and easier to push.

Stock pump only have enough fuel for 600-650 max depending on the dyno and how healthy your pump is. 700 on stock fuel is basically a fluke or a freak.

That was my point regarding stock fuel....you said it a lot better.

TX_S

Reaction score
Dynoed the truck yesterday. Stock fuel with the single s467.7 made a best of 599hp the dyno didn't read tq though

Last edited:

TX_S

Reaction score
It's pretty good. Had to try a few different tunes before I found a good one that would spool decent. It's laggy but not too bad I imagine once I add some nozzles and dual fuelers it'll be a lot better. Yes it's 67.7/74/.90

Reaction score
We recently Installed a H&S Performance Single kit on our 6.4L. Zane and everybody at H&S Motorsports did a amazing Job on the kit. Spool up is just as quick as the stock twins, and on the top end there is a noticeable increase, where the factory twins fall off, this turbo keeps pulling.

Overall the truck is a lot more fun to drive, with more fuel I see this turbo picking up quite a bit more power. And let's not forget the sound....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfZo728Egw

B585Ford

Reaction score
We recently Installed a H&S Performance Single kit on our 6.4L. Zane and everybody at H&S Motorsports did a amazing Job on the kit. Spool up is just as quick as the stock twins, and on the top end there is a noticeable increase, where the factory twins fall off, this turbo keeps pulling.

Overall the truck is a lot more fun to drive, with more fuel I see this turbo picking up quite a bit more power. And let's not forget the sound....

That thing sounds wicked ...deep exhaust note and turbo whistle....couldn't ask for anything more

Black AOD

Reaction score

My Lord, that thing sounds like pure sex. That makes me want to do the single kit now. :thumbsup::thumbup:

Reaction score
I have no doubt this truck could tow 10K easy and plan to regularly.

I will get it loaded down this weekend and see just how it does, along with some more videos, both loaded and unloaded.

Cknox121

Reaction score
Damn this thread makes me miss my single. Might purchase another soon

Edit: any one want a 71/59 combo? Lol

Sent from my cracked iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: