single 66 or drop in 72??

johnp115

Reaction score
What was he making for power with the cast 366? What are the benefits of the billit 366 over the cast?

Yeah like said, the billet is going to have practically same top end power but noticeably quicker spool up.

Singles pull alot harder up top compared to compounds. They don't die off like the stockers do. Up top is always fun with a single. Addicting.

3brorce

Reaction score
Quicker spool with billet? Not sure I buy it. How is it going to spool faster when it is heavier than cast. I mean there are a little of different versions of wheels but not all billet wheels are going to spool quicker than cast.

johnp115

Reaction score
Quicker spool with billet? Not sure I buy it. How is it going to spool faster when it is heavier than cast. I mean there are a little of different versions of wheels but not all billet wheels are going to spool quicker than cast.

The major selling point of the billet 66 is that it spools 100-200ish rpm sooner than the cast 66. I had the cast 66 and if a billet 66 spools slower than that turd I'm sure no one would go billet, which billet tends to be far more popular. The billet turbos have the 360 thrust bearing while cast ones are standard journal bearings

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
The major selling point of the billet 66 is that it spools 100-200ish rpm sooner than the cast 66. I had the cast 66 and if a billet 66 spools slower than that turd I'm sure no one would go billet, which billet tends to be far more popular. The billet turbos have the 360 thrust bearing while cast ones are standard journal bearings

I take it you didn't like the 366? Crazy mixed opinions. I was reading a thread earlier that stated 639hp was typical with a 71mm LP and stock HP. Other threads state you can't make 50-75hp with a drop in LP and the stock HP. Then there's the single that allegedly makes more power. It's a bigger investment so why that over the cheaper drop in 72-71 atmo?

johnp115

Reaction score
I take it you didn't like the 366? Crazy mixed opinions. I was reading a thread earlier that stated 639hp was typical with a 71mm LP and stock HP. Other threads state you can't make 50-75hp with a drop in LP and the stock HP. Then there's the single that allegedly makes more power. It's a bigger investment so why that over the cheaper drop in 72-71 atmo?

Changes the driving style of the truck. reduced back pressure. IMO ill choose a drop in atmo over a single every day of the week for what i desire for my truck at the moment.

A single is going to squeeze the most power out of stock fuel, because its not going to be restrained to the small vgt. But the driving manners of the truck are completely different. Different strokes for different folks.

Reaction score
Where does the idea come from that a cast wheel is lighter?

Billet wheel flows more air and starts flowing more air earlier therefore creating an earlier power increase or what is called "quicker spool". It's not really a guess. It's a fact. At least with the turbos we sell. Maybe someone else sells a billet wheel charger that is worse that a cast charger. But I'm sure they won't be in business long.

And just because it's a billet wheel turbo doesn't automatically mean it has a 360* thrust. Ours do. But there are a lot of cheap turbos out there that just have a billet wheel dropped in. They don't have the 360 thrust or much less were properly rebalanced or balanced at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online