So hard to choose what turbo setup I want

248superduty

Reaction score
Why not diesel dr? Honestly with all the different ones out now a days, apex, diesel dr, elite and others I'm forgetting and after looking at as many as I could find online to me they will all do what I want. To me it came down to who was the best priced for what I want. I'm not building a super high horse power rig just something fun to drive. Heck I don't even have or am planning on doing studs. Tell me I'm a fool but the way I look at it after 200k miles and a lot of fun in the truck and doing injectors at 170k miles and doing a compression test when the injectors were out and everything checking well with in spec. I say I'll do them if it needs them.

sootie

Reaction score
ya i will say it's retarded for you not to do studs...

he!!-swink even blows gaskets (and other things LOL) while studded!

i would go with someone who supports this site and with Steve-o @ Absolute, what he says is what he does and you wont get a runaround.. Powerstroked162 on here

248superduty

Reaction score
Ok man I'm not dealing with a Internet argument in my thread. I've been around diesels my entire life. I work on them all day everyday. I simply started the thread to get opinions on a turbo setup. I do not really care if you think I should do head studs. I'm not. Get over it. And honestly I don't see the point in paying about $300 more for something because they support a forum on the Internet. Yes I'm glad they do but it doesn't mean they will get my business. I emailed diesel dr at 11th last night and had an email from them by 8 am today with exactly the info I wanted.

248superduty

Reaction score
Ohh yea and what school would that be? I've been through cummins, cat and detroit diesel. Been through a few troubleshooting classes specific lyrics on 6.0l and one for IH in general. I'm glad you know everything. You must be some type of God when it comes to diesels.

sootie

Reaction score
Dude-it's hilarious that you get worked up! A forum is for opinions of which i am fond of expressing LOL

Good on you for going to soooo many schools. My poke at you for that was the beautifully rambling posts you so delicately compose.

Most people would get a chuckle out of guys wanting to run larger turbos with factory head bolts. Typically, those type come on to the boards two weeks after install bellyaching about how they have to spend the time and money to tear into the truck again.

Anyways, thanks for lightening up my evening! In all seriousness-good luck with the truck.

swinky

Reaction score
ya i will say it's retarded for you not to do studs...

he!!-swink even blows gaskets (and other things LOL) while studded!

i would go with someone who supports this site and with Steve-o @ Absolute, what he says is what he does and you wont get a runaround.. Powerstroked162 on here
Eat a Dick!!!

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a thing from elite. I waited a year and a half for a 6.4 manifold and dual fueler kit. When it did show up it had someone else's name on it, also received a damaged pistons off them.

I run a ported intake with stock intercooler. Did the intake when I still had a vgt turbo on it and was disappointed with the results. Then again my expectations were higher than the moon.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Was going to add input, but it's not even worth it.

Dude must know everything since he went through Cat, Cummins, and Detroit school LOL. Good luck with those gaskets.

swinky

Reaction score
Was going to add input, but it's not even worth it.

Dude must know everything since he went through Cat, Cummins, and Detroit school LOL. Good luck with those gaskets.
I've been to cat, mtu and Honda outboard classes..... We all know how retarded I still am.

shmoozer

Reaction score
It's a lost cause boys, let's just let him do his thing, and then in a couple weeks with his heavy right foot we can all say I told you so..

-KCCO-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.