The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
OMG! What have I done?!?!?!

217623_400030263385024_844576203_n.jpg

The truck is now cab-less and bed-less.... soon to be drivetrain-less..... its been unanimously decided that I should have done this earlier like January.... LOL

But then again the boys lending a hand I think are lacking sleep or perhaps on something....

297635_400030346718349_382243643_n.jpg

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
This is just me so take it with a grain of salt...

But I think you're moving in the wrong dirrection.

Jomax

Reaction score
Can I have your old IFS front end? I wana put it on my truck to make it smoother. Thanks :D

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Meet Bryan (01Dmax) and Ray (SteadyHazin) - a couple of guys that are helping me out on this project. A good support crew is important on any project - I'm going to do a better job of getting some pics of the people that are making this happen - the project is cool - but projects come and go - its the people that make it worth while in the end.

This is just me so take it with a grain of salt...

But I think you're moving in the wrong dirrection.

Thanks - I had noticed that actually..... I SHOULD have started by doing this...... call it a lesson learned.

Can I have your old IFS front end? I wana put it on my truck to make it smoother. Thanks :D

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using
TapTalk
2000 Black DRW F-350
2012 pearl white Focus

There is still some parts on the skid - come by and bring cash! LOL

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Meet Bryan (01Dmax) and Ray (SteadyHazin) - a couple of guys that are helping me out on this project. A good support crew is important on any project - I'm going to do a better job of getting some pics of the people that are making this happen - the project is cool - but projects come and go - its the people that make it worth while in the end.

That was cute :rolleyes:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
That was cute :rolleyes:

So I can't thank people involved as well as give some thoughts on life in my own thread? Too damn bad tin foil man.

Anyway - NP273 is mocked into place - I need to locate some hardware and gaskets and finalize it - measure for the rear driveshaft and then pull the tcase, trans, and motor to finish the frame. Its getting completely blasted, primed and painted.

418433_400333820021335_1403646800_n.jpg

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I feel the love in this thread.

Well - the cab is off, the bed is off, the engine/transmission/transfercase is removed - the chassis has been powerwashed - now its just a matter of removing the fuel tank and the last bit of wiring so I can finish cutting and grinding on the frame, sand blast it, and paint the whole thing like I should have done from the beginning.

Its going to be some long hours thrashing in the shop to make this thing move for my trip in September...... I will be on the road with this thing headed to Delaware on the 20th.....

Jhaddox

Reaction score

The one on the right licks windows...derail over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I would love to see this thing when you head this way. Where in DE you heading?

I think its Roxana, DE??? or something in that general area. I'm headed out there for a wedding for some old college friends. My route is still undecided, but I am certain I only have a couple of choices. LOL I'm probably going to drop down to Morgantown and head East out 68 - that should give me some good scenery and some mountains to make this old girl work a little bit.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
That is down southern DE out by the coast. You only have 3 options. Come from the south over the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel, use the bay bridge coming out of Annapolis or drive over the north end of the bay and south through DE to get down there. Really all depends on which way you are heading east from Ohio.

I have done the drive from Columbus a few times and usually go through Frederick MD on my way out. Following 70 the whole way out.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
That is down southern DE out by the coast. You only have 3 options. Come from the south over the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel, use the bay bridge coming out of Annapolis or drive over the north end of the bay and south through DE to get down there. Really all depends on which way you are heading east from Ohio.

I have done the drive from Columbus a few times and usually go through Frederick MD on my way out. Following 70 the whole way out.

Yeah - I don't think I'll be going the southern route - no good way to get there from here. That pretty much leaves both of the two northern routes.

I've done Columbus to Frederick travel on I-70 several dozen times over the years - I'd rather drop down and run I-68. Its only marginally longer, much more scenic, and much better road all together. Plus I can avoid the slower speed limits and tolls in PA.

Latest posts

Members online