Update on my rig

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Should have painted it red........

My piping is stainless, most of it should be hidden..... But have a MPD oil cooler relocation kit so that will be more visible I suppose. lol

Reaction score
Erik said ford blue.... That's what paint color it got.

I always ask. Some say they have a certain preference. Some say "just do what ever you normally do". Usually we just do flat black so the block and heads do not rust as bad.

Erik's aluminum covers and parts were looking a little dingy and dinged up from being apart several times so we painted the whole thing. It actually looks a lot better than it did. And with the aluminum RCD pan and the other polished aluminum parts it looks good imo. Wish we went with a little darker color. But it's too late now. Fits with the "papa smurf" theme. I will get finished pics before it goes in the crate monday.

Oh, and we did a red engine a couple weeks ago.
d3093208bb71a97db2bc6aa56a9644cb.jpg

That's a lot of red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Erik said ford blue.... That's what paint color it got.

I always ask. Some say they have a certain preference. Some say "just do what ever you normally do". Usually we just do flat black so the block and heads do not rust as bad.

Erik's aluminum covers and parts were looking a little dingy and dinged up from being apart several times so we painted the whole thing. It actually looks a lot better than it did. And with the aluminum RCD pan and the other polished aluminum parts it looks good imo. Wish we went with a little darker color. But it's too late now. Fits with the "papa smurf" theme. I will get finished pics before it goes in the crate monday.

Oh, and we did a red engine a couple weeks ago.
d3093208bb71a97db2bc6aa56a9644cb.jpg

That's a lot of red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need me a red engine from you in my truck!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You caught me off guard, I figured the block. Actually I didn't think about it much til I saw it. lol Just a lot of blue, but half will be covered so it is fine. Diesel world needs that pic for the article/write up they are doing on it. I was told they were interested in putting my truck ing their mag so, Probably be a few months til it is out, don't know the details. Jason Sands took a lot of pics of it in Texas last year and said someone would be interested. lol

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well that damn motor finally arrived. The guys say it is interesting to say the least. LOL Waiting on the Precision converter to arrive, they told me it will be two days until they can get on it anyway.

alradco

Reaction score
I think the blue's going to look really good once it's all back together.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well now it seems my trans is crap too. They pulled the converter and apparently the fan is in pieces. I have a spare so just waiting on the tc now.