Reaction score
Turbos have arrived!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364406562.873299.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364406588.875542.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364406607.316144.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364406618.693782.jpg

webb06

Reaction score
got the oil lines, wastegate dump plug for the 76, and an intercooler boot for the crossover tube ordered today from elite. dual fuelers are shipping tomorrow. up pipes and CCV delete should have shipped today. still need to round up the needed fuel line fittings and theres a local parker store so i should be able to find everything there.

probably going to take the casting between the 2 turbos and the 6.0 manifolds to get hi temp coated locally soon.

webb06

Reaction score
Took the exhaust manifolds and the casting between the 2 turbos to get hi temp coating put on...bad news is they are 10 days put on work so everything will be getting pushed back before I can start.

Oh well still have a few things to get rounded up and sorted out

White_monster

Reaction score
Don't waste your money on the coatings. It flakes off and the rust comes through. I had mine done from brand new and it didnt last. Turbo blankets are more effective and last longer

one2nine

Reaction score
I currently have a set of turbo blankets on my compounds. Seem to work pretty well and keep a fair amount of heat out of the engine bay, at least compared to the stock shields.

webb06

Reaction score
tossing the idea of staying with the spartan tunes or getting a livewire and getting some custom tunes written. id be keeping the dashdaq for monitoring purposes but ive heard such good things of gearhead shifting plus i could run the wastegate in to the 76 if that would be a better option than gating it to the downpipe....

thoughts?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
tossing the idea of staying with the spartan tunes or getting a livewire and getting some custom tunes written. id be keeping the dashdaq for monitoring purposes but ive heard such good things of gearhead shifting plus i could run the wastegate in to the 76 if that would be a better option than gating it to the downpipe....

thoughts?

i reverted from gating my 76 off the pedistal to the dp. worked better imo.

B585Ford

Reaction score

thoughts?

I am far from being an expert, but I would think with those nozzles, you would have to watch you don't overspeed the atmo...and it would probably be trickier to get the gate set right.

one2nine

Reaction score
one2nine what kind of blankets do you have?

I'm using the same ones as posted above. I'm going to look around for one for my s480 as well. My experience with some of the coatings is that the black coating seems to be more durable over the silver coatings. I've ran both with and without blankets and the silver flaked off regardless. The black coating with a blanket seemed to stay on pretty well, but I opted out of coatings on my s480.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.