webb06 official build thread

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i dont think it could hurt but dont understand the necessity of a coolant filter unless youre removing sand from the casting. but thats usually on a relatively new engine and from what ive seen and isnt a big deal. id love to hear why it would be necessary as well.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I ended up putting a coolant filter on mine a while ago. I don't know if it really does much but I figured it was a nice feature, just in case.

tensixniner

Reaction score
I ended up putting a coolant filter on mine a while ago. I don't know if it really does much but I figured it was a nice feature, just in case.

Have you cut open any filters to see what or how much it's catching?
If you have, does the amount decrease with each filter change?

webb06

Reaction score
who knows that the thread pitch of the fitting is that comes out of the left side of the EDE fuel block? -8an on one side right? then a straight thread with oring on the other?

webb06

Reaction score
im not using steel braided lines. just the black hose thats braided. push lok fittings as well. i called my parker store last week and they said they dont have the double banjo bolt I'll be needing so gotta get that elsewhere. probably elite

webb06

Reaction score
Post a pic of the location if the fitting.

Coming out the left side of the block. Feeding the second pump.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365390602.358320.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Have you cut open any filters to see what or how much it's catching?
If you have, does the amount decrease with each filter change?

I have seen numerous coolant filter kits installed mostly on the 6.0's but you would not belive all the chit that is in the filters after the first 500 miles. There is tons of casting sand that is flowing around in your system. It is actually pretty amazing if you never seen it before. But to answer your question, yes the amount inside of each filter decreases as time goes on and mileage gos up with the kit on.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
6.4's suffer from the same casting sand issues the 6.0 does. Your cooling system, waterpump, heater core etc will all thank you after installing one.

Latest posts

Members online