What setup to make 900+whp?

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Is there a reason you want a hand shaker with 900hp? I love rowing the gears too but unless it's going to be a sled puller I don't really see the point.

Also big single and a manual probably isn't a good setup (unless pull truck) probably want something that could pick up really fast after shifting gears like a max power vgt setup.

When I got it 7 years ago I didn't think hey I want to make this a 900hp handshaker. I never wanted a auto. I found a manual and one day I decided to start putting money into it and it snowballed into what it is today.

And I was told it would drive fine and it drove but not fine. That's why it has twins on it now. It picks up pretty well for what it is. No complaints. To each their own I guess lol.

With a hand shaker you can skip the 8k your going to need to dump into the trans and pump it into the motor. I know nobody wants to shift and an auto is nice to drive but it's easier on the budget. Just my .02

And this too^^

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Totally agree on the financial aspect. I say with that money saved on a transmission skip a single and get a nice set of compounds, at least you'll have a wide usable powerband to make up for the slower shifting.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Yup pretty much. Throw a clutch in it and call it good. Put the other money towards everything else. Derail over lol

08Monster

Reaction score
So, what I'm looking at turbo wise is somewhere around a 76, what would a GTX4294R net me? And 60s should do 900, not? But I'd do larger so I have the fuel available to use spray.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So, what I'm looking at turbo wise is somewhere around a 76, what would a GTX4294R net me? And 60s should do 900, not? But I'd do larger so I have the fuel available to use spray.

I can let you know in 3 weeks....where a 475 will get you with everything else listed except cam.....

CAT35niner

Reaction score
With 60s and the 75 I was at 866 on canned tunes. That gives ya an idea. 100s would give you more fuel for spray.

madman1234509

Reaction score
1550 with a single 75? Pretty good seeming that's what my set up spools at now. But it is an auto.

There was just someone recently who said it themselves, if you don't mind driving above 2000-2500 rpm all the time to make power, then it's ok. The videos I mention are all videos that Mike have posted in the past. And any one that you can see the tach and boost gauge in it makes 10lbs at 2500 rpm. Not saying it's a bad thing, they all have their purpose, and all depends on the owners driving tendencies/preferences.

08Monster

Reaction score
I don't mind waiting for power, turbo lag is just foreplay. Haha it builds up, nobody expects it until it GOES.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I've done 951 and 1027 with max powers. 66/82. Stock cam, stock intake, stock heads with valve train, 60% nozzles and dual pumps and fuel system. High power x is 62/82 so idk if it would be similar or not.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I've read about a few max power builds, they seem to make 900-1000, just was wondering how much the 62 vgt would lower the power.

It would some But I can't imagine it would lower it much.

Correct. Just describing my old setup which isn't much different than high power x Besides the vgt

Yeah your truck ran like a mother ***ker! I can't wait to see the new one:rockon:

ckrueg

Reaction score
I've done 951 and 1027 with max powers. 66/82. Stock cam, stock intake, stock heads with valve train, 60% nozzles and dual pumps and fuel system. High power x is 62/82 so idk if it would be similar or not.
Dis you ever take it to the track?

sootie

Reaction score
With a hand shaker you can skip the 8k your going to need to dump into the trans and pump it into the motor. I know nobody wants to shift and an auto is nice to drive but it's easier on the budget. Just my .02

You can also skip any respectable 1/4 mile times...

Latest posts

Members online