What setup to make 900+whp?

08Monster

Reaction score
Yeah, I could never hold it WOT after a boosted launch. This single has been HOT in general. I can't tow with it, I can't hold it WOT past 110mph, I cruise at 1000+ on flat ground, and hit 1250+ on hills. Its terrible, there has to be something wrong or this single won't stay too long.

Reaction score
Yeah, I could never hold it WOT after a boosted launch. This single has been HOT in general. I can't tow with it, I can't hold it WOT past 110mph, I cruise at 1000+ on flat ground, and hit 1250+ on hills. Its terrible, there has to be something wrong or this single won't stay too long.

The single will be hot in general. The biggest issue I see is that your lifted and big tires, stock gears, a heavy truck and single turbo are not a good recipe. The best would be to drop it down. But if your one of the lifted guys that can't be seen in anything less than 35" tire then you will need to re-gear. Especially with altitude, it only amplifies the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
I live under 2000ft above sea level so I'm not real high. I really don't believe gears are the issue. It's got 3.73s, and my 35s are an inch bigger than stock. With double the stock horsepower, if I can't turn a tire thats one inch bigger, I'm sorry, than these 6.4s are a joke. Dropping it is not an option, I will not go smaller than a 35, this should not be an issue, its quite embarrassing to be honest. Haha I don't see how gears will help, my RPMs are high enough.

pog

Reaction score
Sounds like a single wasn't the best choice for you.

08Monster

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone else on here have these issues. How do some guys run a 75 and not have temp issues when I can't do it on a 66. And the mileage SUCKS. I can't even pull better than 13 on the highway. I did better than that on the stock turbos when I had horrible obwrboosting issues, and I was on bigger tires.

08Monster

Reaction score
Bigger exhaust housing? Bigger turbo in general? Water/meth? Intercooler? Tubing? Manifolds? There has got to be an option that'll solve these issues. I know I have a leaking uppipe, but I doubt that would cause this.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
I live under 2000ft above sea level so I'm not real high. I really don't believe gears are the issue. It's got 3.73s, and my 35s are an inch bigger than stock. With double the stock horsepower, if I can't turn a tire thats one inch bigger, I'm sorry, than these 6.4s are a joke. Dropping it is not an option, I will not go smaller than a 35, this should not be an issue, its quite embarrassing to be honest. Haha I don't see how gears will help, my RPMs are high enough.

You say this after asking about how to make 900 with a single? Sounds like you have a leak somewhere or you turbo is not happy.

RSK

Reaction score
Bigger exhaust housing? Bigger turbo in general? Water/meth? Intercooler? Tubing? Manifolds? There has got to be an option that'll solve these issues. I know I have a leaking uppipe, but I doubt that would cause this.

The leaking up pipe is probably 100% of the issue. I'd fix that asap, stop driving the truck if you have something else to drive. High egt's are good for nothing except cracked heads, melted pistons, and other issues.

08Monster

Reaction score
Its that big of an issue huh. Looks like I need to pull the cab and start the build.

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
Its pretty much like having a wastegate partially open all the time. Your exhaust drives the turbo which in turn makes boost which means more air going through your engine=cooler temps.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I've never seen anyone else on here have these issues. How do some guys run a 75 and not have temp issues when I can't do it on a 66. And the mileage SUCKS. I can't even pull better than 13 on the highway. I did better than that on the stock turbos when I had horrible obwrboosting issues, and I was on bigger tires.

I have the same issues 1700 WOT 1000 at 60 etc 3.55's 35's and 3 inch lift.

just bought GH tunes (running PIP now) to see if it will fix the high egts but can't load it on the truck because the tuner throwing a general error 110AF and wont flash the truck.

I would check your up pipes and uppipe to pedestal gaskets my gaskets were gone and leaking changed that and egts went down a bit check all you boots etc.

johnp115

Reaction score
I have the same issues 1700 WOT 1000 at 60 etc 3.55's 35's and 3 inch lift.

just bought GH tunes (running PIP now) to see if it will fix the high egts but can't load it on the truck because the tuner throwing a general error 110AF and wont flash the truck.

I would check your up pipe to pedestal gaskets my gaskets were gone and leaking changed that and egts went down a bit check all you boots etc.

My single definitely ran hot, but at WOT i could never break 1400 no matter how hard i tried

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
My single definitely ran hot, but at WOT i could never break 1400 no matter how hard i tried

I'm thinking its the PIP tunes.

Boots are good up pipes/manifolds/pedestal/T4 gasketa are good no leaks.

i'm going get that 110AF tuner error fixed asap and flash the GH tunes on the truck (Larz at GH said its a 1-2 minuite fix on sct end.)

on the freeway climbing a hill I can't go over 40 with out the truck reaching 1500 in 3. OD climbing that same exact hill max the sensor out LOL.

08Monster

Reaction score
Yeah I figured with the amount of air this moves, that it would keep it cool as ice. Wrong. Haha I can't drive highways at 65 anymore. I'll burn the motor up on every hill. 65 is about 1800rpm, 2-3psi of boost, hitting a hill the EGTs climb to 1500+, and boost goes to about 6. Holds speed no problem.