What setup to make 900+whp?

B585Ford

Reaction score
Is there a reason you want a hand shaker with 900hp? I love rowing the gears too but unless it's going to be a sled puller I don't really see the point.

Also big single and a manual probably isn't a good setup (unless pull truck) probably want something that could pick up really fast after shifting gears like a max power vgt setup.

^^^in red....that is one of the stupidest comments I have seen on here in a while. Some of us like to be able control what gear we are are in, what RPM, etc. Some of us don't want build an $8k tranny. No doubt there are advantages to having an auto am I not saying there aint very good reasons to have an auto. I am NOT disrespecting anyone with an auto....but implying you can't have fun with a power manual truck is crazy. A lot of people outside of the truck world would argue why build a high HP truck when you can build a high HP car (GTR for example if you like AWD) that will handle much better any truck out there. If I have to explain the answer to that question, the person asking wouldn't understand, but on this forum, I wouldn't think I would have to explain why build a high power manual truck. Derail over!!!

OP,
Keep in mind that, especially if you are going by dyno numbers, with all things being equal, Matt's numbers would be a little higher than you should expect because of the manual tranny....i.e. it is easier load ON A DYNO unless you have a dyno tune and there is a little less loss powa from the drivetrain. I doubt it would be much, but if your heart would be broke by not hitting exactly 900, that is something to consider.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
^^^in red....that is one of the stupidest comments I have seen on here in a while. Some of us like to be able control what gear we are are in, what RPM, etc. Some of us don't want build an $8k tranny. No doubt there are advantages to having an auto am I not saying there aint very good reasons to have an auto. I am NOT disrespecting anyone with an auto....but implying you can't have fun with a power manual truck is crazy. A lot of people outside of the truck world would argue why build a high HP truck when you can build a high HP car (GTR for example if you like AWD) that will handle much better any truck out there. If I have to explain the answer to that question, the person asking wouldn't understand, but on this forum, I wouldn't think I would have to explain why build a high power manual truck. Derail over!!!

OP,

Keep in mind that, especially if you are going by dyno numbers, with all things being equal, Matt's numbers would be a little higher than you should expect because of the manual tranny....i.e. it is easier load ON A DYNO unless you have a dyno tune and there is a little less loss powa from the drivetrain. I doubt it would be much, but if your heart would be broke by not hitting exactly 900, that is something to consider.

Uh okay. It was a pretty simple question but I guess some of us are a little sensitive... Lmao sorry I disrespected your love for the almighty manual.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Uh okay. It was a pretty simple question but I guess some of us are a little sensitive... Lmao sorry I disrespected your love for the almighty manual.

You missed my point completely...I am not concerned what your opinion on a manual tranny is....my point was there was no reason for you to bring up your opinion on what is a good use for a manual...the OP wasn't thinking of converting to a manual....Matt wasn't telling anyone that a manual is better. Matt simply commented that he has run some of the setups the OP was interested in so he had something valuable to add. His truck has a handshaker which should be pointed out because the OP's experience wouldn't be the exact same since he has an auto. For some reason, you felt the need to say "Is there a reason you want a hand shaker with 900hp? I love rowing the gears too but unless it's going to be a sled puller I don't really see the point." Not sure why felt the need to basically say it was stupid to build a high HP truck with a manual.

My second point was simply we all have different tastes/likes that aren't practical...most of the average people off the street would say nobody NEEDs a 900+ HP truck. Most of us on this forum have come to understand we do NEED a 900+ HP truck. Obviously we are much wiser than the average folk so I would think that EVERYONE who sees the NEED for a 900+ HP truck would understand that you don't have to have an auto tranny to have fun!!!!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
... You're looking way too far into this. I just wanted to know the purpose of this truck, if he wants 900 hp to go get icecream with the kids that's fine. I'm really not in the business of telling anyone what to do with their truck, idk what's got you all fired up but if you read on I even went as far as agreeing with the financial aspect of a manual trans and suggested a quick spooling setup..

Sure I could have worded my question better but for ***s sake I really didn't think someone would get so damn butthurt

sootie

Reaction score
manual trans guys defend their setups pretty well LOL its like the 7.3 owners of the six four crowd smh

08Monster

Reaction score
Me, the OP, has an auto so technically its an "auto" thread. Haha just seeing what it will take to get 900+ on a single

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I think if you run a setup like mike has you will be happy. After seeing it run today it's pretty strong.

08Monster

Reaction score
Also, what is everyone doing to control EGTs? My billet 66 on stock fuel gets TOASTY. I can't even do a boosted launch anymore. I'm at 1700° by 70mph. Water/Meth? Intercooler? Tubes? What's the solution.

RSK

Reaction score
more air is gonna cool your egt's an intercooler and piping will help a little... but really a bigger turbo is going to cool your egt's down, unless you have a boost leak. sounds hot for stock fuel.

08Monster

Reaction score
The power is unreal, but my boost hasn't broken 38psi lately. Used to go to 44 or so. Feels stronger now than every though. Just check all the clamps?

RSK

Reaction score
The power is unreal, but my boost hasn't broken 38psi lately. Used to go to 44 or so. Feels stronger now than every though. Just check all the clamps?

that would be a good start...maybe it's an issue with the turbo.

RSK

Reaction score
I sure hope not. Maybe 3k miles on it.

i'd talk to someone who knows a little more were your egt's always hitting 1700 by 70mph? check to make sure all you boots are on and you aren't loosing boost before you do anything else, and make sure your air filter is nice and clean.

Latest posts

Members online