01 4R100 no reverse

DHFF

Reaction score
Less than a year ago I ruined the tranny in my 01 with 140K on it. I had it rebuilt with a Precision triple TC, Ron woods valve body, Some sort of upgraded plates and steels, and everything else looked at/replaced. I have put around 8000 miles on it since rebuild. Last night we decided it would be a good idea to do a bunch of burnouts, and it somehow puked some tranny fluid, and I now have no reverse. Even in park when I start the truck it wants to go forward and every gear, including neutral is a forward gear. There is no reverse in any gear. I drove it home and had no issues in OD other than once it kicked into a false neutral. Any ideas what I may have done to it? I obviously have to pull the tranny and have someone look at it.... I spent a couple grand getting it built but I lived in Illinois then and right now I am in southern Kansas where I'm from so looks like there isn't a warranty.

DHFF

Reaction score
Probably welded some of the clutches together. What's the fluid look like?

Fluid looks normal. It doesn't really smell burnt either. I am unsure what happened. What do you mean it welded some of the clutches together?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You wiped out the friction material on the forward clutch. Now it's metal to metal, and you got the clutch hot enough that the metal plates welded themselves together. That isn't just a term, the plates got hot enough to melt the metal plates and they are welded together. You need a new transmission, or you need to have this one rebuilt.

DHFF

Reaction score
You wiped out the friction material on the forward clutch. Now it's metal to metal, and you got the clutch hot enough that the metal plates welded themselves together. That isn't just a term, the plates got hot enough to melt the metal plates and they are welded together. You need a new transmission, or you need to have this one rebuilt.

Awesome! Here goes another 2 grand. Its in the show with the tranny pulled now. No more burnouts!

Latest posts

Members online