02 f350 12v swap

Noonman350

Reaction score
Looking to do a 12v swap into my f350. Doing a drug out build on my 7.3 so I want to do this to get the truck going again. I've got a good deal on a 12v/nv4500 5 speed set up. Sold the zf-6 to a friend. Is this a easy swap? I want to get information from people that might have done the 12v/5speed swap. What do I have to use for a crossmember? Driveline work? Transfer case linkage mod? Any help is great... Thanks!

Strokersace

Reaction score
Looking to do a 12v swap into my f350. Doing a drug out build on my 7.3 so I want to do this to get the truck going again. I've got a good deal on a 12v/nv4500 5 speed set up. Sold the zf-6 to a friend. Is this a easy swap? I want to get information from people that might have done the 12v/5speed swap. What do I have to use for a crossmember? Driveline work? Transfer case linkage mod? Any help is great... Thanks!
You'd have been better off keeping the zf6. Much, much, MUCH better trans than the nv4500. Matter of fact, some Cummins guys swap them into their Dodges.
Check out Cumminsforum.com under the conversion section. Plenty of information there.
There's tons of Cummins conversions here. Probably better ones for him than on a Dodge forum since his pickup is a Ford.

Noonman350

Reaction score
I don't have the zf-6 anymore or I would have used it. My friend blew his, I wasn't using mine and so I sold it to him. Almost a year ago. I know the nv4500 aren't the best. But they're not horrible. My cousins got 350k on his lol