03.5 6.0 question!

Lysons

Reaction score
So I looked at a 2003 F350 CCLB KR 6.0 today, I went to open the degas/coolant bottle and the lid was on there so tight that if I tried to spin it any harder, it would have just broke the bottle...
It also had a little bit of residue around the bottle, and the bottle was a super dark red color.
Plus it had a very small, but kind of noticeable knock.
You really had to listen for it.
Any ideas on what these issues could be?

webb06

Reaction score
So I looked at a 2003 F350 CCLB KR 6.0 today, I went to open the degas/coolant bottle and the lid was on there so tight that if I tried to spin it any harder, it would have just broke the bottle...
It also had a little bit of residue around the bottle, and the bottle was a super dark red color.
Plus it had a very small, but kind of noticeable knock.
You really had to listen for it.
Any ideas on what these issues could be?

Only reason I've seen reservoir caps ungodly is because they have been puking. Plus there was probably pressure on it from inside the bottle. Red/darkish yellow usually indicates combustion gases getting inside the cooling system (ie blown HG's)

Irontx

Reaction score
I would definitely factor a rebuild into the price if I were thinking of buying it. Its still a 10 yo truck too. Could be a lot more than engine problems needing to be addressed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.