03 6.0 no power, help!

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I have an 03 6.0 it has zero power, will nearly do 50 mph and has the hardest time getting there. It has studs and a 4" exhaust. Stock other than that.
I had a cylinder contribution code so I checked for bubbles in the fuel and there was. So I replaced injectors. Got it all done fired it up and it still has no power.

I ran it around the block and it still has no power. I am not getting any codes. What could it be? Oil pressure is good, I broke the nipple off the MAP sensor so I put a new map sensor and hose on.

What to check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
what is the boost reading? what is your backpressure reading? what is the vgt duty cycle doing? any codes? smokey?

when was the last time it had the air and fuel filters done? what is fuel pressure? what is icp reading?

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
I dont have a boost gauge to read the boost but I could maybe snag one and hook it up temp.
How would I read back pressure?
How do I check the VGT duty cycle?
No Codes
Yes Smokey
I did both the fuel filters and changed the oil and oil filter when I did the injectors.
Air filter is 6 months old and looks clean
I will check fuel pressure tonight.
I will check the ICP voltage tonight

Sorry for all the questions, this is my first 6.0 and still learning.

sootie

Reaction score
IDS or a good scan tool will read all the pids we are discussing.

Gary

Reaction score
I had one that didn't make any boost, after checking MAP and EBP this I found when I cut the convertor open.

20150222_123406_zpszxfshw8b.jpg

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
No Cats, it strait piped.

I am so lost,

ICP is giving good reading, EBPV is good, checked the tube and even cleaned it just in case. The truck fires up just fine, runs just fine, back it out of the drive just fine, hit the throttle and it starts to go like it should then just slows down, won't go past 20mph. Stop the truck and turn around to go back to the house and it takes about 500ft to get to 10mph then the turbo kicks in and it gets up to about 20mph before its slow again. I pull into the drive and it idles rough, let it sit for a minute or two and its all back to normal and I can start the whole process back over again.

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
After much digging and too much time into it I found a hole in my inter cooler pipe coupler, so I fixed it and cleaned her up.
89a65e82f45874384656c1e1eadfdca6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online