03 hpop install

swinky

Reaction score
Putting a hpop in my 03 tomorrow. Seems pretty straight forward. I know I have to pull the intake mani bacause I have that crossover in the back. Before I tear into it I want to make sure I don't need any special tools. Also going to do a delta line while it's apart, anybody know what size freeze plug the front cover takes so i can get rid of my welded E G R cooler?

Thanks guys.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
thanks man. then I can just leave the welded E G R off of it and leave two holes open or do those need to be plugged?

You'll need to install a delta line for oil cooler coolant return. Will still need blockoff plates for the air side.

swinky

Reaction score
You'll need to install a delta line for oil cooler coolant return. Will still need blockoff plates for the air side.

well **** I figured I should've ordered one of those. I guess I can probably just cut off the little j tube and use the E G R as a "block off plate"

Living at an appt sucks, I really don't get to work on this thing and learn as much as I want to.

ghohouston

Reaction score
2zpo8rm.jpg
28l3r77.jpg

Total length is 11.5 inches, and measurement from cut end to bend is 8 inches. I wouldn't go any shorter, because I've had some ipr's that were insanely overtightened, and we're hard to break loose with this wrench and a hammer.

swinky

Reaction score
lol this is tarting to sound inapropriate. I'll be yanking the turbo so I'm not sure if I'll need to bend it.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I was waiting for you to say that. I mean I can get mirror pics, sideways, undershots, whatever lmao.

Anyways it all depends on ipr position. I assume you've never pulled one. You will see what I'm talking about, or may get lucky. I assume you have access to a torch if you do need to bend it? I've never tried it with a straight wrench. I got mine from someone else.

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah I'm on the boat right now. Gonna borrow all sorts of stuff so I don't get stuck in the middle of the job.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

03cody

Reaction score
I pulled my Ipr with a straight wrench. Its not too bad, just have to work at positioning the wrench some. once its broke loose you can undo it by hand.

Latest posts