04 6.0 injector questions

rodeo302

Reaction score
What's up everyone, so I have a 2004 6.0 this is my first diesel so I do not know a whole lot about them, but I do know my injectors will need to be replaced soon since they are original with about 250000 on them, so my question is what would be a good injector to go with I want to go one size bigger? Thanks for any and all help provided.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
What are your future plans like turbo, exhaust, intake, studs, etc? Knowing that will help you determine what would be beat to go with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
155/stock is the next size up, but a stage one is usually a 155/30, but you will want more than just swapping out injectors to bump up to a stage one like a RR and possibly a turbo.

Usually upgrades are a snowball effect. If you increase injectors you need a bigger turbo and supporting mods. Then when you have a bigger turbo, injectors and a proper tune you find that the trans gets hurt.

Set a goal hp wise and start planning all the upgrades you will need to do get there. A small jump up in injectors won't net you much of an increase to be worth the trouble.

rodeo302

Reaction score
I'm looking to do things in small steps right now so as I break things I'll replace them with better parts this is the last thing I need for the bulletproofing to be done in not looking for anything insane power wise though thanks guys

kwelch08

Reaction score
155/stock is the next size up, but a stage one is usually a 155/30, but you will want more than just swapping out injectors to bump up to a stage one like a RR and possibly a turbo.

Usually upgrades are a snowball effect. If you increase injectors you need a bigger turbo and supporting mods. Then when you have a bigger turbo, injectors and a proper tune you find that the trans gets hurt.

Set a goal hp wise and start planning all the upgrades you will need to do get there. A small jump up in injectors won't net you much of an increase to be worth the trouble.
X2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rodeo302

Reaction score
I'm not looking for crazy power, I just wanna be able to have a little more fun with it, I'm thinking tops somewhere between 5 and 600 horse will be plenty

rodeo302

Reaction score
I have one more question with injectors, could I just do one at a time as they go or is that a bad idea?

JMart

Reaction score
I have one more question with injectors, could I just do one at a time as they go or is that a bad idea?

Sure you can. Its a lot more work that way, but I have seen it done plenty of times. As long as you are staying with stock injectors.

rodeo302

Reaction score
Thanks I think I'm gonna go that route for now then since they are spendy.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
If your looking to just bump up the power lightly over stock with not doing major mods. 155 30s and powermax is a great setup for a DD truck. I shoot you a pm also.

rodeo302

Reaction score
I dint have the right tuning and the previous owner put an old edge tuner in now they are throwing codes so I wanna fix it before I have more problems

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Oem injectors will be more realible then anything aftermarket,

I agree with idp for more power bump

But good oem injectors and a custom tuned tuner would be a huge gain over what you have now

rodeo302

Reaction score
Can someone also explain to me what people mean by hybrid injectors, is that a brand name or a style of injector?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.