04 6.0 starts, runs for 10 seconds, then shuts off.

bigfords

Reaction score
Got another good one I haven't seen yet.

The truck fires up great, runs for about 10 seconds, then engine shuts off like somebody turned the key off. Truck starts right back up, runs for 10 seconds, then shuts off like somebody turned key off.

IPR, ICP, FICM, all look good. Batteries are new, truck is ******d and studded.

Only thing I can figure is that something is wrong with the Smart Junction Box/Fuse Panel. If I get close to it while engine is running, I can hear what sounds like a relay click a split second before the engine shuts down.
I asked if the customer had any water in cab, and he said that he has seen water on the floor mat a couple times....thinking the fuse panel is shot.

Anybody seen this before?

thanks!

bigfords

Reaction score
Good info, I will take a look. Compression in the fuel will make them shut down like someone turned the key off? Engine runs pretty smooth when it is running?

Jdiamond

Reaction score
Having the same problem but mine only runs for a second. The last time I took the cap off I cycled the key till it filled then the fuel bled back out pretty quickly. How fast do you have to get that cap of? My ipr and icp readings are both very high 85% and 2900psi

webb06

Reaction score
Having the same problem but mine only runs for a second. The last time I took the cap off I cycled the key till it filled then the fuel bled back out pretty quickly. How fast do you have to get that cap of? My ipr and icp readings are both very high 85% and 2900psi

Fuel bled back out of the secondary filter housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfords

Reaction score
The issue on my original post was indeed the fuse panel under the steering wheel, truck would fire right up for 10 seconds or so and shut off. Fuel panel fixed it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
The issue on my original post was indeed the fuse panel under the steering wheel, truck would fire right up for 10 seconds or so and shut off. Fuel panel fixed it!

Any idea how that was diagnosed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfords

Reaction score
Yes, after checking several other things it just seemed like the PCM was losing power like somebody turning the ignition off. If you listened closely, you could here the click of a relay at the fuse panel (SJB) a split second before the truck shut off. It was a hunch.

Jdiamond

Reaction score
I was told the bled back could be normal. It's not like it slowly dies it's just like you turn the key off.

Latest posts

Members online