04 6.0 upgrades help

Mudboyzach

Reaction score
Hello I have an 04 f250 that my oil cooler is going out so I'm going to replace it and do an egr ******. I'm also going to clean the turbo because it's starting to stick. My question is what oil cooler is the best that's the factory style? Will the oil cooler last with the coolent flushed and I have a coolent filter and not clog again? Also what do I need to do to the turbo will it's out? Also what are other things that could be fixed/upgraded while I have all that apart? And also do 04 6.0 have stc and dummy plugs and stand pipes I see some people say so and some say no?

slc dzl

Reaction score
Use a oem oil cooler not the dorman or other cheap ones.
Flush the truck before you change the old oil cooler out.
And check your up pipes for leaks while your in there.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Where is your icp sensor? If it is on the valve cover, it will have stand pipes and dummy plugs. If it is in the back, on the pump cover, dummy plugs, it will have stand pipes, but they dont tend to leak. If it is on the pump cover, change the sensor and pigtail while youre in there.

Mudboyzach

Reaction score
Where is your icp sensor? If it is on the valve cover, it will have stand pipes and dummy plugs. If it is in the back, on the pump cover, dummy plugs, it will have stand pipes, but they dont tend to leak. If it is on the pump cover, change the sensor and pigtail while youre in there.
Looks like it's on the valve cover. On the pass. Side front right?

shmoozer

Reaction score
I thought the 04's with the ICP on the valve cover had the stand pipes that don't leak. In 05 is when they changed. Or have I been wrong this entire time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webb06

Reaction score
I thought the 04's with the ICP on the valve cover had the stand pipes that don't leak. In 05 is when they changed. Or have I been wrong this entire time?

Any truck with icp in valve cover has wave oil rails with standpipes and d plugs

shmoozer

Reaction score
Huh...well I'll be dipped. Learn something new everyday

thatred250

Reaction score
I think 04 dont blow out dummy plugs like the 05+ do
do you have the blue spring kit, updated turbo drain tube orange lined cac couplers on the hot side that dont weep oil out. clean your ebp tube/senor. make sure loom isn't messed up. there is alot of little things that go into making these trucks run perfect and not break down

Mudboyzach

Reaction score
Here's what I'm doing oem oil cooler flushing coolent stand pipes dummy plugs stc fitting feed and drain tube on turbo and cleaning turbo. Already have blue spring and coolent filter. My question is what the best way to do the egr block it off or get a ****** kit? Looking at Rudys ****** xdp ****** or rcd ******

Latest posts

Members online