04 Coolant Leak

olyellaferd

Reaction score
I have an 04 6.0 that I was driving one night and parked it. When I came out in the morning there was like a basketball sized puddle of coolant under the back of the engine and everytime I drove it it would leak a little in the same spot then backing a trailer in the coolant was leaking from the front of the engine so I'm just curious as to what it could be leaking from. The EGR is deleted

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Ok I'll look at that. Also the whole bottom tank of my radiator drips coolant in like 8 different spots across the bottom. Is that most likely the radiator tank cracked or is there another possible point

alradco

Reaction score
You should be able to follow the leak on the radiator to where it starts. Sounds like it's leaking from the top end tank and spreading out as it leaks down.

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Ok I'll check it. Would a radiator shop be able to plug it or most likely need a new radiator

alradco

Reaction score
Ok I'll check it. Would a radiator shop be able to plug it or most likely need a new radiator

Maybe. Just have it pressure tested and they'll be able to tell where it's leaking from. Or maybe it's just time to replace it instead of throwing money into an old radiator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.