04 F550 crank - no start

7.3 rocket

Reaction score
Truck:
2004 F550 mason dump head gaskets replaced approx a month ago

I have hauled a few loads on it since and have had no issues. My brother borrowed it to take some topsoil to his house and now it's parked in the street in front of his house and won't start.

Fun facts:
Very low on coolant. Not using just low as a result of getting most of the way through refilling then running out of distilled water.
Water in fuel light is on and the plug in the HFCM is stripped so it can't be removed easily. Don't want to mess with it in the road in a residential neighborhood.

I intend to check FICM voltage and ICP pressure in the morning when it's light. He added 5 gallons of fuel since it was around 1/4 tank and on a slope. Still no joy had him remove cap from the under-hood filter and the filter is full of fuel.

He said he cranked for ~20 seconds a good 15 times so battery voltage could be a concern. I'll check that as well.

Any input you guys have would be appreciated.

mortal798

Reaction score
Unplug the ICP sensor and try to start. With the sensor unplugged, the PCM will substitute a 500 psi value. If it still doesn't start, you probably have lost hp oil somewhere.

If you pull the turbo and hp pump cover, you can blow shop air into the icp sensor hole and look/listen for oil bubbling out somewhere.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online