05+ axles into an excursion, anybody done it?

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
I was wonder if anyone has done this swap? Stock or lifted would be cool to see.

Any of you guys out there running a 99-04 SD with an 05+axle swap, did the new suspension setup add any height over what you had with the leaf spring setup? Stock for stock, 6"-6"

I'm wanting to run 35's if I do the swap so I'd like to know how much lift I will need to make that happen.

Thanks

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I am in the process of collecting all the parts to do this. My plan is to do it over the Christmas/New Year period as I am off work that week.

I have all the parts, with the exception of 2 more tires and a good set of shocks. I have a set of cheap napa shocks in case I can not make up my mind on shocks in time HA HA.

I am also working on replacing all the wear parts now so everything will be ready to be installed when I start. New brakes, calipers, rotors, etc. Redhead steering box, new tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings if I feel they are needed.

I believe that it will end up raising the truck higher than it currently sits with stock suspension with 200k on the clock. I have 2 sets of stock springs and if it is to high, I plan to cut one set down and see if I can get the stance that I want. I actually want to go slightly lowered with it once everything is done. It is 4x4 but doesn't see any off-road besides the occasional gravel/dirt road.

I don't plan to stay with the cut springs, will probably go with 4500# springs, or heat a set to get the height that I want, just want to make sure everything will work and clear at the height that I want before I spend any money on springs.

I am also upgrading a few other things at the same time like mirrors to 08+, tinted windows, TS chip, HBjr hpop, new intake, and possibly a 38r if I can swing the funs for one.

Bluke

Reaction score
It will sit the same hight as a stock 05+ pickup. You should get around 2" of lift.

Bluke

Reaction score
No pics. The excursions have ecsb frames. Just walk up to any 05+ truck and it will be that hight.

Powersmoke_sd

Reaction score
So those of you that have lifted ex's, will 4" clear 35's on 18's or does it need 6" to clear 35's?

I'm not going for a stuffed look is why I ask.

Fish are you guys building a diesel or?

sootie

Reaction score
pm OBSWIZ on here. he does this in his sleep i believe...

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So those of you that have lifted ex's, will 4" clear 35's on 18's or does it need 6" to clear 35's?

I'm not going for a stuffed look is why I ask.

Fish are you guys building a diesel or?

yes it was a 6.0 limited that was wrecked, was going to keep it for my wife but just going to put it together and sell it now at this point I believe, we put 05 axles under it to get the coil suspension, better ride/ turning radius etc etc believe a leveling kit would work to clear 35's because that was our orig plan to do 33's or 35's. I don't think if you swapped the suspension you would need anything crazy to clear because you would essentially have a 250 or 350 once the suspension is swapped.

Jomax

Reaction score
You'll be about 3in taller then a stock excursion with stock 2005+ suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmiller5

Reaction score
Mine actually sat lower after we put the new axle in

Top picture is current

5b584edee102998b73fe59aacecd2737.jpg

patricku47

Reaction score
Mine actually sat lower after we put the new axle in

Top picture is current

That looks great! Do you know what springs you used in the front? I have been toying with the idea of going 05+ on my regular cab if I can get it a bit lower than it is now...

bmiller5

Reaction score
I didn't check, which could be the reason it sits so low. Regardless, it's going up 3"

Latest posts

Members online