05 f250 wont start???

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
I got in it this afternoon to head to work and it started up perfect. drove to work and it ran normal. no problems what so ever. I go out on break a little while ago and go to start it and nothing.... It will crank and crank but wont turn over at all. it doesnt sound like the batteries are dead but it makes me think its something to do with the fuel pump. i have my programmer hooked up to it and its not throwing any codes. sorry for the lack of info. i guess im just asking for any advice on what things i can check for. any help would be greatly appreciated.

junior125

Reaction score
I actually think I've seen you post this elsewhere, but incase, have you checked FICM voltage, ICP pressure? I mean its possible to have had a battery cell fall over but the only way to have that tested is to have it checked by a parts store

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
Yeah I posted this on powerstroke.org also. My ficm voltage has been at 48-48.50 since i got my programmer. Will It be an accurate reading even without the truck running?

junior125

Reaction score
if it is communicating then yes, does the TS have a parameter for either ICP psi of HPOP psi?

reilly8282

Reaction score
I don't think the live wire has an icp pid. Does your dummy oil pressure guage move when cranking? Try unplugging the icp sensor to see if it starts. It's on the top passenger side valve cover towards the front, that will give the PCM a default pressure reading and let the truck start if the sensor goes bad.

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
Does our trucks have the pats system? Chipped keys? Since I've bought the truck I've just had a regular key and was wondering if the last owner just stuck the transponder key under the dash somewhere. I'm kinda hoping that that's it because I can't get anything to work. I checked the bowl and it fills up so i guess that eliminates fuel pump. And my oil pressure gauge on my dash does move and i tried pulling that sensor off with no luck... If think i pulled the correct wire.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
hmm not the smartest thing to do so take this with no real intelligence but, I hit the truck with either and that will help spin the truck faster and I have got the truck to start with 3 bad injector o rings.. be safe about this and realize that I did this on my own truck.

it told me that I had a leak that kept me from starting, not a leak that kept me from running..

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
How would I go about doing that? I would hate to screw it up but if it would help determine the problem I would try it. Someone told me that injector #1 might be stuck open and that it would keep the truck from starting. Is it possible to check for that without pulling the valve cover?

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I just shot a small amount into the small intake pipe that is at the top front of the filter housing while someone cranked it. It pulls out of the radiator support easily.

I actually had to do it myself a few times to get somewhere until the HPOP got in from sunrise. Ended up being three injector to oil rail o-rings failed but the HPOP was old so I just was happy it was replaced too.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Disable the glow plugs before you fog ether into a 6.0.

Just because the light is off on the dash doesn't mean they aren't still on...

gaf350

Reaction score
Check your starter and charging system also. My 04 did this same thing twice first time it was the alternator and the second time the starter.

05str6.0ker

Reaction score
sorry this post is so delayed but everything had been crazy. The problem ended up being a bad fan clutch... No idea. but apparently its a safety feature from for to keep it from overheating im guessing. I appreciate everyones help. it was awesome how many people pitched in to help me trouble shoot. I really do appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online