06 6.0 low icp when warm

HuSlungDu

Reaction score
I have a 2006 6.0 that won't start when warmed up. Let it cool off and it starts fine. I can drive as far as I want while its running, but after it's warmed up and I shut it off, it will not re start. ICP reads around 200 while cranking. When pressurizing with shop air, I hear air leaks coming from passenger side oil rail between injectors and the rail. So far I have installed a new rail on passenger side, installed new o-rings in the tops of all 8 injectors, new hpop, ipr, icp, stand pipes and plugs and of course the updated stc came with the new pump. Any help would be great!

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Something is leaking. Pinched or eroding o-ring or something. Can a cyl contribution test give you an idea of a injector issue? Or the old air test seems to work.

I retread and saw the air test was done. My bad.

HuSlungDu

Reaction score
Yes, I agree something is leaking. When I pressure tested it, I had the hpop removed and a stc flipped upside down to seal off the branch tube. I could still hear leaks from passenger side. I'm wondering if the injectors themselves can develop a leak.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Sounds like it. If your still down to the block with no HPOP you can easily take the valve covers off and pull the oil rails. Hopefully the bad o-ring is easily spotted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.