07 6.0L No Start

mortal798

Reaction score
I need the places to look for HP oil leaks. Buddies 07 has a P2290 and only makes 225psi during cranking. STC was replaced with the updated part about a year ago. Any good places to look?

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
do a pressure test on the hpo system through the icp sensor could be a oil rail plug. also check the ipr, any metal? screen on the ipr ok? did it have this issue before the stc fitting was replaced?

mortal798

Reaction score
No, this just started. Last week it stumbled once and wouldn't build more than 1800 psi. The next day it was normal. He drove it today and it was fine, the. Went to leave to go to another house and it just went into cranks/no start. Only shows 225 psi on ICP, and when unplugged it goes to 725psi.

mortal798

Reaction score
I will end up pulling the turbo tomorrow for him, so I will check IPR and screen for metal. Plugs for oil rails on the front or back of oil rails? I haven't had a 6.0L apart before for anything more than the HPOP and STC.

Thanks for the ideas!

mortal798

Reaction score
He is driving something else for the time being. I am going to tear into it in the first week of January. Will post what I find then.

mortal798

Reaction score
Update: went out to look at some pids and found that cranking ICP pressure is over 600 PSI now and it still won't start. Any ideas? I have never had one that would go over 500 PSI and not at least try to start...

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
ICP is not the only thing to be looking at.

If it cranks and there is a no start and the HP oil system is intact it should make 1000psi at least.

mortal798

Reaction score
Update: looked at this truck yesterday. Cranking ICP pressure was exactly matched to desired, and IPR ramped up and down with my command. I checked the GPCM, and it was not operating. Replaced it, and the truck fired up.

Questions: why did ICP originally drop to 240?

Once the truck was running and warmed up, IPR# was 26.75%, ICPDSD was 850PSI, ICP was 850psi. ICP and IPR ramped up and down with command as they should. On the road, the truck stumbled a couple times and set a P0069: MAP sensor circuit correlation. When it stumbled, it dropped ICP down to 400psi at one point.

Can the MAP cause ICP to drop off?

Latest posts

Members online