08 engine coolant temp sensor location pics?

rwatson708

Reaction score
Possible for anyone to get pics? How hard is it to change I'm currently laid up with a broken hand and trying to decide if I could still do it or just take it somewhere.
Thanks in advance

maxrpower

Reaction score
Its not hard. I don't have a picture but mine went out as well. You have to take the air filter housing out and the intake tube that attaches to it. Then there will be two sensors sitting on top of the motor. One of those is the coolant temp sensor. All you should need is a deep socket to take it out. Shouldn't take more then fifteen minutes with the right tools. A little coolant might drain out but shouldn't be much if any.

White_monster

Reaction score
The coolant temp sensor is no where near where maxrpower said they are. The sensor is on the front cover to the left of the power steering pump, when looking at the engine from the front of the truck. It'll be just below the intake manifold inlet. You will need a deep socket and you would be best to drain the coolant below the sensor. The connector is a pain to get to as well. Best of luck.

rwatson708

Reaction score
It was almost exactly where he said it was changed it last night thanks to both of you guys. Maybe we have different builds as there is 2 different builds of the 6.4l

White_monster

Reaction score

78f100

Reaction score
I bet you changed the oil temp sensor, like shane said the coolant temp is in the front cover on every one I have ever seen. The oil temp sensor will take over the temp gauge in the truck when oil temps get really high though.

Latest posts

Members online