08 F450

Sullys450

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking at buying a 08 F450 with 39,000 miles. Apparently it was from Canada originally but the dash is all in MPH. The truck has dual exhaust, its ******d but the programmer has been removed. The HDMI cable is still up by the A pillar so it looks like it used to have a Minimax.

I have not driven the truck because its 1.5 hours from me and I just found it. I plan to go drive it tomorrow. Not having the Minimax has me a bit worried and curious. Doesn't the truck need the Minimax plugged in all the time in order to run without setting off all dash lights and a CEL?

If I buy the truck what am I going to have to do in order to add a new programmer?

The truck looks to be in like new condition and I can tell its been well taken care of. I was considering buying a brand new F450 until I saw this truck. Its half the price!

ckrueg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am looking at buying a 08 F450 with 39,000 miles. Apparently it was from Canada originally but the dash is all in MPH. The truck has dual exhaust, its ******d but the programmer has been removed. The HDMI cable is still up by the A pillar so it looks like it used to have a Minimax.

I have not driven the truck because its 1.5 hours from me and I just found it. I plan to go drive it tomorrow. Not having the Minimax has me a bit worried and curious. Doesn't the truck need the Minimax plugged in all the time in order to run without setting off all dash lights and a CEL?

If I buy the truck what am I going to have to do in order to add a new programmer?

The truck looks to be in like new condition and I can tell its been well taken care of. I was considering buying a brand new F450 until I saw this truck. Its half the price!
The truck should work just fine without the minimaxx plugged in. I took mine off for quite a while and it worked fine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sullys450

Reaction score
Thanks, I just read through the manual for the Minimax. It says the minimax can be removed and the truck will stay at that power level.

Now I am wondering what it will take to get a new programmer up and working. Does the truck need to be flashed back to stock before I can load a new programmer? I may end up with a Sp artan.

Rubenk

Reaction score
It would be fine without the mini, it just works as a monitor when not loading the tune.

Depending on how the ******* checks things, it should still be able to flash the truck, it will just download the current tune as the "stock" setting in the *******.

silver6four

Reaction score
Make sure that the truck is still under a tune.. if the truck is ******d and he REMOVED the tune then that would be very bad. It would be the same as running a full race tune with the all stock parts if you understand what I'm saying.. I've heard of this happening.. as long as the the file is still downloaded onto the truck then it would have fine..hope this helps and that you understand what I'm getting at.

silver6four

Reaction score
if your asking how do you know if the truck is tuned or not with the mini not installed...i cant answer that question. you will have to rely on someone else to answer that..sorry..did you end up buying the truck today?? post up some pics..

silver6four

Reaction score
i dont blame you really..lol.. if the truck is at a ford dealer then id say 98% its back to stock.. i dint think they can sell them ******d... i love my truck...the outside looks..the inside..the insane power but hate it when i pop the hood and see what it takes to work on it if and when it breaks.. good luck with whatever you decide... personally i would love to have a F450.. i just dont need a dually.. they are bad ass trucks!!!

Latest posts

Members online