08 to 10 front coil springs

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual lbs/in rating for any of the factory ford front springs? I have some ideas in my head for the front end of my truck, just trying to figure some things out before I drop the cash on parts.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
depends on the truck, but most are 5600

That's a rating ford gives them, but when looking at springs, the are usually rated in lbs/in. Where the pounds is the amount of weight to compress the spring 1". I think fords rating is the maximum weight to fully compress the spring, but really doesn't tell you anything about the real spring rating. I'm looking into the world of coil covers and may do some experimenting with them on the front of my truck. I'm thinking a 500lbs/in or 600lbs/in spring, but unsure how that would compare to a "stock" spring. I don't like the super squishy feel of the front of my truck. Anyone know the approximate weight of the front of a ccsb? I'm thinking in the 4500 to 5k range.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ahh i feel you i misread your post mybad

I honestly cant answer that i know when i talked to a duramax dude with coilovers he was running like a 500 lb spring

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'll order 2-3 different sets and return the unused ones, or keep them just in case. I do know it has to be pretty stiff to support these trucks especially on a shorter coil over.