08 tranny pan filter install and gogo direct solenoid

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
OK why if im going down the road from a dead stop i count 6 shifts>?

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Don't know why he keeps saying hijacked... My question was relevant because he kept saying it improves te 3-4-5 shifts when in reality there is no 3-4 shift. These threads are only good if all information is correct.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Don't know why he keeps saying hijacked... My question was relevant because he kept saying it improves te 3-4-5 shifts when in reality there is no 3-4 shift. These threads are only good if all information is correct.

Thats what i was trying do.

Dzchey21

Reaction score

he is saying that his thread got hijacked and that hes not happy about it, so he just deleted all of his information, wish he wouldnt have taken it that far but it is what it is.
If you guys got questions, start a new thread!!!

Smut if you dont understand something, start a new thread, and ask a question, it will go a long way to help you, as well as other members

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
he is saying that his thread got hijacked and that hes not happy about it, so he just deleted all of his information, wish he wouldnt have taken it that far but it is what it is.
If you guys got questions, start a new thread!!!

Smut if you dont understand something, start a new thread, and ask a question, it will go a long way to help you, as well as other members

I would have but it seemed irrelevant to do seeing as how they were already on the topic, as they were talking about shifting before i asked my part.

Smut time to maintain a lower profile.

I dont know what i did wrong i was just following and asking about shifting, like they were already talking about. Im not even trying to be a douche here i really dont see what i did wrong other than follow what was already a derail. Sorry.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The OP posted wrong info and was corrected, so he decides to just delete the good info he had? I'm glad we could be mature about this. The original post could have been kept and stickied and everything else deleted.

I dont know what i did wrong i was just following and asking about shifting, like they were already talking about. Im not even trying to be a douche here i really dont see what i did wrong other than follow what was already a derail. Sorry.

Because you keep asking the same question, and it's been answered already. You don't feel 6 shifts, and you wont. There are 4 shifts when warm, 1-2, 2-3, 3-5, 5-6 ,and then you probably feel the torque converter lock once you're in 6th, which I'm guessing you're thinking is a shift. Even still, not sure how you get 6. Go drive the truck and count again.

worldwide73

Reaction score
The write up was correct information about how to install the solenoid and filter package and got off track asking questions.

Check out post #11 of this from Doug's site: http://forums.gogodiesel.com/showthread.php?17402-GoGoDiesel-Modified-Direct-Clutch-Solenoid

Then someone needs to tell doug that it is a 6 speed transmission and he is misrepresenting his product. Same information is posted several other places.

For everyone else who was reading this thread the order of shifts is more than likely irrelevant. The transmission almost all the time only shifts 4 times therefore representing 5 gears for most people correct? Even when "true" 4th is used it will still only shift 4 times correct? The transmission is not a "true" 6 speed transmission if it was there would be 5 shifts like the new 2011 trucks and it only made a "6 speed" by combining a combination of 2 other existing gears.

For people who install this solenoid they will notice a shift difference on the last 2 shifts before the torque converter locks correct when the transmission is not "cold".

The reason in making this thread was to help people out and make this place a one stop for information instead of having to search all over creation to find info, esp about how to install the solenoid since it does not come with directions. I didn't spend the extra time taking pictures to argue details about shifting, when for most people like I said will notice a shift difference in the last two shifts before the torque converter locks.

I would be more than happy to repost the install info as I had originally posted with all relevant info in a place where it is stickied and locked.

Carry on.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Thank you! Please go ahead and repost it, it was great info. I would like to do this to my truck very soon and it was nice to know the P/N's and the prices. I've never seen it posted elsewhere yet! Maybe just PM a mod and explain the situation, I'm sure they can sticky it and lock it for you! Thanks!

I don't see how Doug's post is wrong, the solenoid you installed works for direct drive (IE 1:1 ratio, which is 5th gear in this trans) and reverse...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I'm gunna stick this one for two reasons... good info and how not to post lol

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The write up was correct information about how to install the solenoid and filter package and got off track asking questions.

Check out post #11 of this from Doug's site: http://forums.gogodiesel.com/showthread.php?17402-GoGoDiesel-Modified-Direct-Clutch-Solenoid

Then someone needs to tell doug that it is a 6 speed transmission and he is misrepresenting his product. Same information is posted several other places.

For everyone else who was reading this thread the order of shifts is more than likely irrelevant. The transmission almost all the time only shifts 4 times therefore representing 5 gears for most people correct? Even when "true" 4th is used it will still only shift 4 times correct? The transmission is not a "true" 6 speed transmission if it was there would be 5 shifts like the new 2011 trucks and it only made a "6 speed" by combining a combination of 2 other existing gears.

For people who install this solenoid they will notice a shift difference on the last 2 shifts before the torque converter locks correct when the transmission is not "cold".

The reason in making this thread was to help people out and make this place a one stop for information instead of having to search all over creation to find info, esp about how to install the solenoid since it does not come with directions. I didn't spend the extra time taking pictures to argue details about shifting, when for most people like I said will notice a shift difference in the last two shifts before the torque converter locks.

I would be more than happy to repost the install info as I had originally posted with all relevant info in a place where it is stickied and locked.

Carry on.

it does seem to me that it is you representing a product that you dont fully understand. im not being a dic. just trying to educate you.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Why such a poor attitude? I mean we're all on the forums to learn anyways right? If you were wrong, just be happy you have the correct information now and move on, what's the big deal? I would still like the original post replaced, it was a very good post, but that's your choice I guess. You gotta have thicker skin than that to last on a forum man. Especially a diesel forum.

Latest posts

Members online