1 Dim Headlight

Txpsd

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my drivers side headlight has gone dim. The passenger side is bright as normal. I have the 9008 conversion harness hooked into my 9007 sockets so I can run my 05-07 Harley headlights. I have silverstars in that are relatively new. I used to be able to just move the harness a little where the 9007 and 9008 sockets met on the driver's side and the light would go bright again, but now no such luck. The light is dim and no matter how I wiggle it, nothing changes. I looked at the factory 9007 socket and it looks okay. No burning or ash from what I can tell. Has anyone else experienced this? My grounds seem to be just fine from what I can tell. The conversion harness had worked fine for about the past 4 years? Thoughts??

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I just had this same problem with my truck not to long ago. Drivers side headlight burnt out, I replaced it, then a few days later it was dim. So I took the ground wire off for that side of my conversion harness cleaned it up and bolted it back down, now all is well.

Txpsd

Reaction score
I'll have to trace that ground wire then. Hopefully that fixes it. Thanks y'all!

Latest posts

Members online