Trucks running like $hit HELP

RoadWarrior

Reaction score
Yes.... but my problem was somthing internally wrong with the injector and it was bypassing oil cuasing me too have almost no oil pressure on the top end. which then caused the other injectors to run like sh**. The motor would lope real bad and wouldnt make it past 55.Once the injector was swapped it ran like a champ.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Ok, thats what Ive been wondering. My #3 injector been getting loud and I was thinking that it went bad or I had injector orings go bad. Still trying to get a Solus here so I can pin point which cylinders I need to look at.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Ok guys finally got a buddy over here with his solas. Truck decided to run better, but still has a miss and somewhat acted up. Got some codes and some data:

codes before we even started p1280 and p1211
CC had no codes and buzz test had no codes
At idle icp low to mid 500 ipr duty cycle 14%

WOT icp high 2700 to low 2800 ipr duty cycle 41%

We did multiply checks of both icp and ipr duty cycle to verify and 41% was the highest the duty cycle got.

Bad IPR?

bama29fan

Reaction score
Ok guys finally got a buddy over here with his solas. Truck decided to run better, but still has a miss and somewhat acted up. Got some codes and some data:

codes before we even started p1280 and p1211
CC had no codes and buzz test had no codes
At idle icp low to mid 500 ipr duty cycle 14%

WOT icp high 2700 to low 2800 ipr duty cycle 41%

We did multiply checks of both icp and ipr duty cycle to verify and 41% was the highest the duty cycle got.

Bad IPR?

ipr sounds good to me. dont want over 50% or so.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Ya after talking to Steve(genuineford) last night, it was decided unless someone else saw something in that info he didnt its probably an injector thats sticking open off and on. Lately sticking open more than anything and of course when I get a scanner over here it decided to work for the most part. So as soon as it quits raining and Ive got the time Im gonna start searching for siad injector. Im just gonna replace it with a good used one, since Im gonna be getting all 8 in a few months. I just need to keep the truck usable til then.

So if anyone sees something in those results let me know. Obviously the codes stored codes since they didnt pop up last night, but it does tell me the icp was low at some point.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well I finally got time to get some diagnosing in. Pulled the passenger side VC and started to disconnect injectors. Cylinders 3,5,7 were a definite change in idle and how it was running. #1 was little to no change in idle and running. So my conclusion is that #1 injector is bad, since thats the only one with no change. Im gonna let it cool back off and try it agian just to be sure, since it acts the worst cold. Anyone have any input let me know. Thanks

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well thinking it was an injector was wrong. Switched #1 and #5 and it still ran the same as it did when I unplugged injectors. Im trying to stay relaxed, but this is stressing me out.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Did you ever check your fuel pressure?

You might be on the right track steve, I just checked the bowl and it was only half full or less. No external leaks, so I have to assume I need injector orings. That would explain all the white smoke to, atleast in my head. What do you guys and girls(since SevenThree answered to)think.....

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well discovered( I wasnt thinking) that the feul bowl thing is just what the lid displaces. Got a known good IPR and it does run better with little to no white smoke, but I think when I switched the 2 injectors I damaged an oring. Reason being it losses a bit of HPO prime and takes longer to fire. Thats the only thing that was messed with and it didnt take that long before I switched injectors.

If anyone else has any ideas or comments Im listening and Ill update agian when its totally fixed or I figure out something else.

20007.3stroker

Reaction score
Well in the end the ipr helped, but didnt fix the major problem. Still falling on its face after its fully warmed up and I take it for a short run. It will start running really rough and after it sits for a minute it will smooth out, but still not have alot of power. The hpo reservoir is still full. I noticed some oil on the back of the Hpop, but dont know if that means anything since theres no puddle in the valley.

Really need help guys, I really need to get it running:fustrate: