12.23 @108

Charles

Reaction score
Laggy, T4 and a sub 1.0 housing don't go together. Is it smoking like a train trying to spool or something? Too much fuel down low?

How on earth does a little t4 with a .anything housing not damn near make boost at idle?

A 6.0 is smaller, but not that small. Is this common with 6 liters?

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont know what to tell you charles, it needs a t-3 for sure. Yes Craig that's what I am doing with dual gates and a 483 over it. In a reg cab.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Laggy, T4 and a sub 1.0 housing don't go together. Is it smoking like a train trying to spool or something? Too much fuel down low?

How on earth does a little t4 with a .anything housing not damn near make boost at idle?

A 6.0 is smaller, but not that small. Is this common with 6 liters?

Its actually pretty common, alot of the dodge guys dont like the .80 housings because its laggy, open housing is why they say, so most go to a t3 divided and they light fast as stock... i cant explain it but thats just how it is.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Stainless exhaust manifolds help alot with spool up
I'm running a 66/74/.90ar divided on my 6.4 and spools up great we even towed whitey to the track a few times with it

bdavis91

Reaction score
interesting how it made 723hp with nitrous on the dyno but going by the HP calculator...it says it's between 660-690 like you said depending on the speed or the time with nitrous also.

He only ran once with the spray and didn't want to kill the tranny...it could easily get into the 11's with this setup if it could spool instead of sit at the line smoking if he had a built tranny lol.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
He only ran once with the spray and didn't want to kill the tranny...it could easily get into the 11's with this setup if it could spool instead of sit at the line smoking if he had a built tranny lol.

yeah maybe. trap speed says otherwise. i guess if he sprayed a lot more. he needs at least 111-113 to get to 11's. his current times say his 60ft or 1/8th mile is strong. but the slip will tell the tale. great start no doubt, but im guesing a tranny will be in order soon ;)

Donzimama

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Who gives a **** what the calculator says. The truck tapped 4k 3-4 times before shifting 1-2 and 2-3 lol. This is going in a reg cab soon anyway with a tranny, just wanted to see what she would do before it gets torn apart again.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah i know what your doing, just dial it, then switch it, make sure the power is there before the switch

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Who gives a **** what the calculator says. The truck tapped 4k 3-4 times before shifting 1-2 and 2-3 lol. This is going in a reg cab soon anyway with a tranny, just wanted to see what she would do before it gets torn apart again.

lol... get some, and a big wallet!! good luck buddy!

Charles

Reaction score
Are the trucks that feel laggy smoking heavily trying to build boost with the tight t-4 housings? Cause that will make any charger a pig.

If not, nevermind. Never thought a t-4 would be laggy on a 6+ liter engine.

Chris

Reaction score
Yes. those that run tunes that do overfuel make it even worse, but fact of the matter is a 6.0 does not like to spool chargers well at all. If we had direct access to the pw tables that would help things too imo.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Are the trucks that feel laggy smoking heavily trying to build boost with the tight t-4 housings? Cause that will make any charger a pig.

If not, nevermind. Never thought a t-4 would be laggy on a 6+ liter engine.

has something to do with the housing, i dont know what but i have heard/read many threads stating how laggy a t-4 .80 housing is on a cummings CR, or 12v

Latest posts

Members online