120k and counting......supposedly

gwunter

Reaction score
The current work truck I'm working out of is an 08 Silverado with mastercraft courser axt tires. They were put on at the dealership. According to the dealership mileage at the time of installment it calculates out to 120k+ miles on this set of tires!! The same guy has been driving this truck since they were put on. I think these are only like a 50k mile tire. This truck also carries about 1000lbs in the bed constantly. Does this seem legit to anyone else?? This seems unrealistic to me. They are wearing really good and have been rotated consistently.

ToMang07

Reaction score
BS%20Flag_zpsromqrqsz.png

co04cobra

Reaction score
We usually get about 12k out of those tires.. Does that count..?

jngreen

Reaction score
The current work truck I'm working out of is an 08 Silverado with mastercraft courser axt tires. They were put on at the dealership. According to the dealership mileage at the time of installment it calculates out to 120k+ miles on this set of tires!! The same guy has been driving this truck since they were put on. I think these are only like a 50k mile tire. This truck also carries about 1000lbs in the bed constantly. Does this seem legit to anyone else?? This seems unrealistic to me. They are wearing really good and have been rotated consistently.

Is it a dually?

jngreen

Reaction score
I've heard of tires lasting that long on a vehicle that spends most of it's time on the highway. A guy I knew had a duramax dually that spent most of its time towing a gooseneck trailer on the interstate. He would get 100,000 plus out of 16" truck tires. Its the stopping, starting, and turning that wears them out. This guy had over 300,000 miles on his new truck in a short time frame.

gwunter

Reaction score
The truck is a 1500 extended cab 4x4. It does see mainly highway use. We did some further investigation and the tires were installed on 4-23-12 @ 77200 miles at dealer. On 8-12-13 @ 102300 miles we had to have 1 tire replaced due to something cutting the sidewall. At this time supposedly the axt had been discontinued and we had to get the next generation style...a2t or something like that. These dates and mileage support each other. Truck is just turning over 200k right now. It seems out of ordinary, but as far as I can tell these shoes have 120k on them. It boggles my mind. lol

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I've heard of tires lasting that long on a vehicle that spends most of it's time on the highway. A guy I knew had a duramax dually that spent most of its time towing a gooseneck trailer on the interstate. He would get 100,000 plus out of 16" truck tires. Its the stopping, starting, and turning that wears them out. This guy had over 300,000 miles on his new truck in a short time frame.
Must be a farmer. I know one also. he hit about 120 when he took them off, slicks. The dually is now retired it had 380 on it when the trans started to go out. Injectors and pump were needed along with a lot of other things.
He is the only one know to get that many miles out of a set of tires.

jngreen

Reaction score
Must be a farmer. I know one also. he hit about 120 when he took them off, slicks. The dually is now retired it had 380 on it when the trans started to go out. Injectors and pump were needed along with a lot of other things.
He is the only one know to get that many miles out of a set of tires.

Yeah, he was a custom harvester, but he also delivered some sort of stainless steel stock all over the country for his sister's pool company.

Latest posts

Members online