13' on H&S street tune for DD

strokr06

Reaction score
So I had my 13 F350 dually at the stealership this week for a rearend leak. No big deal got my leak fixed, but the tech came out to talk to me when i picked up the truck.
(Truck is tuned and deleted) tech wanted to know what i had truck set on, I told him street tune (100hp) he acted like i was an idiot. I do not hot rod,sledpull or abuse my truck by anymeans. I do however use my truck for work,
And occasionally getting on the highway I get on it pretty good to clean her out like i would do with my old 6.0. The tech told me that all these trucks snap the turbo shaft when there tuned and he warned me i should only have my truck on a stock tune or the lowest setting. I'm just wondering what some of your thoughts are on this, should I step down to the tow tune or stock deleted tune or am i fine with the 100 hp street tune using common sense. Any advice welcomed.

marc1982443

Reaction score
I run mine on performance 24/7 I tow roughly 13k to 17k daily. I haven't had an issue at all in the 14k I've had truck tuned and deleted.

dseitler

Reaction score
I'm running stock turbo H&S Dual Fuel Pumps with on my 13 running Gearhead tunes and race my truck every other weekend. I have had no problems with the truck and I have 34K on it. Not saying you should but I do this waiting for my turbo kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrazyK

Reaction score
I run my 12' on performance and drive it hard. Over 58k mi tuned and deleted since 32k. No issues. I never see over 26 psi. I remember reading that the newer hs firmware makes less boost than previous versions. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't worry about hurting that turbo on newer hs canned tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy_270

Reaction score
I have an earlier build 2011, built in August 2010 and I have run a mix of the Spartan Warhammer tune (38psi) and SPE's Hot X tuning on performance for about 30k miles and will continue to run on the performance tune :D

PSDJohn

Reaction score
Ive put on 22k tuned and deleted miles on my truck running a mix of the tow and performance tune with no issues and i don't drive it very easy either. I will eventually upgrade the turbo just for peace of mind and some more power.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Don't worry about it just be easy on it and don't give it full fuel if you have a load on it. I've got the newest tunes from H&S and I have no problem towing on the hottest tune or driving on it.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I regularly pull 20 k goose neck, and unless I am in some good rolling hills, or the mountains, I keep it on street tune, and occasionally knock down to the tow tune, if I see EGTs getting near 1100...

I am about to hit 100,000 miles in one year, and it has been tuned and deleted since 3,000....

If I am running empty, I knock it up to the performance tune, just for chits and giggles....

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
your dealer tech has no idea WTF he's talking about. I know too many people running the highest canned H&S tune for tons of miles, pulling trailers, etc. to worry about running it on street! LOL

strokr06

Reaction score
Damn so im gonna carry on just like i have been then. All that ive read in the past has led me to believe that the ford tech didnt know quite what he was saying. My truck feels like it could go to the end of the earth and back pulling 20k without a single issue. I just wanted to get some other input from you guys running this stuff. Hopefully my SPE motor tunes and gearheard tranny tunes fall in my lap here real soon and then i can get my tires and springs:):):):)

strokr06

Reaction score
What are yall seeing EGT wise on performance? I havent done my egr cooler delete yet so i dont see my egt's before i did the delete it would hit 1200 at the DPF and 700-800 pre catalyst

marc1982443

Reaction score
I see an average of 800 on performace. If I get on it hard I'll see 1400. Pulling hills I see around 1050. All on performance

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Before tuning (stock, dpf on) had a couple sensor malfunctions, the '50mi to dealer' ones, never got left on the side of the road, but they make me leary that the truck which would otherwise function fine be disabled because 1 of the 7 sensors in the exhaust failed. Have heard of trucks being stranded because of 1 sensor.

Mine has been MiniMaxed since 4.5k, deleted since 6k and has 33k on it now. No issues.

It got great power. I wouldn't say the mpg has been significantly better than dpf on or even stock.
These wide tires not only prevent me from going to the best car wash in town but I think the suck the mpg way down too. Round about town, 14-15, highway maybe 18 on a good day, drafting helps huge with this truck.

I ran my tuner on the highest setting when the dpf was on and on the highest setting now too. No issues.

The only downside to it is that it's very hard on tires. :D

I'd find another tech if I were you, the 6.7 is very reliable tuned and deleted on the stock turbo and fuel. It's a good reliable 450hp at the rear wheels and a shade under 1000ft-lbs. It's a lot of power. There's even another 50hp if you want to chase it down with exotic tunes, but I find the H&S to be a nice conservative tune. I find throttle response to be acceptable, but it does take some getting used to. It's not a gas engine for sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online